“Excellent RARE burgers; decent sides” 4 of 5 bubbles

Zinburger
Ranked #10 of 137 Restaurants in Paramus
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,621 helpful votes
“Excellent RARE burgers; decent sides”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2013

It's very difficult these days to get a truly rare burger, no matter what you actually order. Everyone is afraid of meat-borne diseases which are not eradicated unless the hell is cooked out of meats. Nevertheless, I love a good quality rare burger. After a discussion of the above with the very personable waitress, I ordered and received a wonderfully rare burger. The best part of it was that before 6 PM on weeknights, many items are half price or at least discounted. There are many new gourmet burger places around, and this is not the kind of restaurant to confuse with fine dining, but for a nice lunch or quick burger dinner, I'd be very happy to return, and I probably will. sides were fine, the wine was drinkable and inexpensive, and the quality and flavor of the burgers were outstanding.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank LWL3333

• Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Weehawken, New Jersey
“Exceptional food (burgers/sides/shakes go gourmet), but expect a big bill”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

Here is my dilemma; the food is exceptional but the price is high. At what point is the bill too much for the quality of the food. Here is my pro/con list, maybe that will help you decide.

Pros:
1. Hands down the best burgers I've had in the NYC Metro area. The Zinburger is incredible.
2. The sides, oh the sides. We got the truffle fries and the zucchini fries, and if I did not fear gaining weight I would eat them all the time. To add to the incredible fries, the sauces they came with were great too.
3.I did not have the wine, but the milkshakes, again, excellent. Bars of Zin is just decadent.
4. The service was a bit slow, but the staff was very professional and passionate about the food.

Cons:
1. Such exceptional food, but it comes at a cost. None of the burgers come with sides and the shakes are each $6. What this means is that if you get a burger, truffle fries and a shake it will cost you $22. Is that too much? Based on what I ate, it was not too much.

I highly recommend this restaurant. It may be too sloppy for a first date, but definitely a great restaurant for foodies.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Gavle, Sweden
“Wine'n'burgers in the Garden State”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

The Zinburger restaurant in the Garden State Plaza is well worth a visit. The idea of serving wine by the glass with premium burgers is brilliant. I chose the El Diablo burger with the Kobe beef add-on, medium rare. To that I had the onion rings as a side pared with a Manifesto Zinfandel.

The combination proved to be a winner; really good. The only slight downgrade would be for the atmosphere, despite their best efforts, a mall place couldn’t get five stars with the ambience of the environment.

Regardless well worth the trip, a very good burger place indeed!

• Visited September 2013
Fort Worth, Texas
“Sick all night long”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

My wife and I dined at the Zinberger in Garden State Plaza last evening. I had their special non menu listed burger that had a multitude of items on it. Within 20 minutes of exiting the restaurant I became very sick and had to pull over as the pains were so bad I could not drive. I stopped at a CVS and purchased pepto and advil. After about 15 minutes the pain slightly lessened and I was able to drive home. The pain and nausea lasted unitl 2am. Had it not stopped I was going to the ER in the morning. I will never set foot in a Zinberger again.

• Visited September 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
New York City, New York
“Good food, but not close to a shake shack burger”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

Good service, fun atmosphere. Burgers are not bad. Better than bobby flay burgers and that horrible smash burger place. Shakes are yummy. I would go again but prob not when Shake Shack comes to nj!

• Visited July 2013