“now that's a burger”
Review of Zinburger

Zinburger
Ranked #9 of 141 Restaurants in Paramus
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I love a good burger, and there are plenty of them out there. Zinburger goes close to the top of the list.The beef is fresh and juicy, and there is plenty of it. I had the original Zinburger with fried onions and manchego cheese. Man, was it good!

Reviewed March 31, 2013

I was expecting something more high end and it wasn't that at all! The burgers and fries were good. Our server was very hard to hear, as she spoke very low and the place was very loud. Kept having to ask her to repeat herself. Good place to go while shopping, but not just to go out to dinner.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

I came here last weekend with a group of 10 people for a quick bite to eat before a movie. The restaurant was pretty empty (it was a weird time, around 3:40pm), but even so, it took them a while to seat our party. When they finally sat us, they stuck us at the table right next to the door that opens to the freezing outdoors, even though most of the restaurant was open. We asked to be moved, which took another bit of waiting (I really don't know why it took so long to push 3-4 tables together...). So that wasn't awesome.

The burgers here are ~$10-12 (add $5 if you want to make it a Kobe burger), and each additional topping is $1.25 extra. This meant that my husband's non-Kobe burger came out to $15, which is pretty ridiculous when you consider that THEY DO NOT COME WITH FRIES. Fries are $6 more ("for two," but I couldn't eaten them all myself).

Let me pause and say that I think that all burgers in the world should come with fries, and that any restaurant that does not give fries with their burgers has no chance of scoring higher than 3 stars with me.

When our food came out, there were quite a few errors and mixups, because there were 10 of us and some people's customized toppings went on others' burgers, so that was annoying. All that said, our burgers were delicious. They were fresh and greasy, just the way I like them, and they kind of fell apart as you ate them. I got "El Diablo" which is a burger with roasted jalepenos, pepper Jack cheese, and grilled onions. Amazingly delicious. They have some really creative and deliciously-concocted burgers here. I will give them that.

Bottom line for me: Burgers are really good, but don't come with fries and are really expensive. Between myself and my husband (2 burgers with an order of fries, no drinks or anything else) our meal came out to over $40, which I just don't think is worth it when we're talking about burgers.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Went to Zinburger not long after it opened and found that the burgers were good, if you liked a really messy burger, but the staff outside the kitchen really needs to get their act together. Even seating people seemed to be a challenge.
The price is a slight bit high but not unreasonable. While eating, I used about 20 wetnaps (having had to ask for them a few times) and really felt like I needed to wash up after eating. I will say that the vanilla shake we had was great and their willingness to serve it in 2 glasses (we split it) was also nice.
The dining room is spacious and VERY noisy. A bit of an echo chamber effect.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

Great burgers, menu is a step up from fast food. Try the onion rings and zucchini fries. Tasty! Lots of specials, wine, appetizers, happy hour. Fun place if you like burgers. Small menu but they do everything well. Oh, and the deserts? Get the 50/50. Had to get it and I was full.

Been to Zinburger? Share your experiences!