“Good but expensive”
Review of The Capital Grille

The Capital Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 156 Restaurants in Paramus
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their "Achievement of Excellence Award." Whether you're celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service. Located at Garden State Plaza.
Reviewed April 29, 2018 via mobile

Had a great, but expensive meal at the Capital Grill. It was my husband's birthday and he is a red meat lover so I decided on The Capital Grille at the Garden State Plaza in Paramus. The interior is a typical upscale steakhouse vibe, lots of wood and dim lighting. We were shown to a cozy booth that was decorated for my husband's birthday which also included a card from the restaurant wishing him a happy birthday, a very nice touch. To start I had an appetizer of chilled king crab legs with two tasty dipping sauces, it's hard to ruin king crab legs and I enjoyed them. My daughter had fresh mozzarella in prosciutto which was grilled. She kindly shared a taste with us and it was delicious. My husband had some kind of a shrimp in garlic sauce which was good but not spectacular. For an entree both my husband and daughter had the filet mignon they that loved and while I'm not a meat eater I did have a taste and it was delicious and so tender that you didn't need the steak knife that they served with it. I did not care for the two different fish entrees offered so I opted for the appetizer of lobster and crab cakes for my dinner. They were excellent, full of crab and lobster and not a lot of filler. We also ordered a side of creamed spinach which was deliciously garlicky and augratin potatoes. Both sides were large portions but of course, as in most steakhouses, they were an extra cost. For dessert, my husband was served a complimentary dessert plate that had Happy Birthday written in chocolate along with a miniature cheesecake and miniature chocolate flourless cake with a candle in it. It was a nice touch in addition to being delicious, my favorite was the chocolate cake. All in all it was a very good meal but extremely expensive and I am not sure it is worth a return trip as there are many steakhouses in the area that are not quite so expensive.

Reviewed April 17, 2018

Pricy restaurant but well worth it -- amazing service on par with the best of the best in NYC, excellent food, energetic atmosphere. Told them it was a birthday dinner, and they had confetti on the table, a birthday card hand written waiting for us, and a birthday dessert as well. Very attentive staff.

Reviewed March 30, 2018 via mobile

We had high expectations of this restaurant after visiting other locations but this one disappointed us. The lettuce for the iceberg salad was not fresh and crispy. We asked the berries for dessert and again the bowl was full of berries too ripe too eat. I asked for the jumbo scallops. They were good but not jumbo. The wines are too pricey. This place changed my opinion of these restaurants.

Reviewed March 24, 2018 via mobile

Tried a dish for lunch I never ordered on prior visits. Two mini tenderloin sandwich’s/ sliders. Delicious, I liked it more than the ribeye sandwich. After eating the waiter mentioned if I order from the bar menu I would have received 3 sandwich’s instead of 2. Wish he mentioned before I ordered.

Reviewed March 3, 2018

This was my first visit to a Capital Grille. I was very pleased with the entire experience from the complimentary valet parking to the food and especially the service. As you might expect, the menu is surf-and-turf, but with a bit too much "surf" for my liking. I think there was a single appetizer that did not have some sort of seafood in it. Prices are high ($53 for my ribeye), but not unreasonable for the quality of food and service. If I get another chance to visit one, I probably will.

1  Thank rirri