“Great food, private party room”

Capital Grille - Paramus
Reserve with OpenTable
Capital Grille - Paramus is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 142 Restaurants in Paramus
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their "Achievement of Excellence Award." Whether you're celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service. Located at Garden State Plaza.
Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

We were seated in a private room for a party of 12 on a Sunday night. Nice decor & spacious for a party of our size. Everyone loved their appetizers & entrees (filet mignons & fish). Service was great. We would definitely go again.

Reviewed July 3, 2014

We loved it! We had the Shrimp/Crab Combination, Crab Quesedillas, Salmon along with the Gazpacho and Lobster Bisque Soups. Service was excellent. Highly recommend if you love seafood.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

i realize it was father’s day, the restaurant was packed with families, and our server may have wished she was at home with her family.

Overall, it’s visually stunning. Beautiful décor inside gives you the feel of an upscale manhattan eatery. Our food was very good. The Delmonico steak without sides was pushing $50 and the total bill with 1 dessert and two glasses of wine was north of $170/couple. My meat and susie’s halibut were very good. Our friends who ate with us complained about watery drinks but I can’t comment since I do not drink and the drink composition is not included in my review.

I guess the only downside was our server. Not that she was bad, she was just a sour puss. No small talk just what’s the order and what do you want to drink. I like a friendlier attitude but maybe she was not happy to be working on a father’s day. Would I go back? No. I recommend panache in ramsey which I find to be an excellent eatery (and BYOB). Sorry capital grill, you are not my cup-of-tea. (dating myself with that reference huh)

1  Thank alfnot1111
Reviewed June 12, 2014

We had a Birthday dinner here for my wife last week and after dinning I knew I made the correct choice.Everything from the valet parking our car to the manager opening the door and thanking us as we left was 5 star.Our waiter Eric was one of the best.Our two appetizers were amazing --Lobster mac and cheese, and truffle fries.My wife had a small filet for an entree,which she loved,I ordered wrong and had lobster over I believe a tenderloin which my wife tried and said it was perfect,but not my favorite cut of meat.This is truly the place to go for a special occasion.

Reviewed June 6, 2014 via mobile

We returned yesterday for lunch and dinner. We were so overtaken by the staff as if we were old friends. The food and service was once again amazing. Thanks to the hostess for welcoming us, Danya our evening server who is such a bubbly and warm person, and of course Joey the manager who is such an amazing person. We can't wait to eat there again tonight!