“Very good food, very inattentive servers”

Biagio's Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
Biagio's Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #32 of 138 Restaurants in Paramus
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: When it comes to dining at Biagio's it's all in the family. Under the creative lens of 29-year old Chef Jimmy Perides, this family-owned and operated restaurant in Bergen County NJ has come to see its home-style Italian classics served right alongside fresh and contemporary daily specials. Biagio's also boasts an ever-expanding list of over 150 handpicked wines from around the world. In the true spirit of Italian dining, the reasonably priced selection ensures a perfect compliment (by the glass or bottle) to any one of our dishes. The wine list continually enlivens everything from seasonal tasting events, to specialized food pairing menus.
Ridgewood, New Jersey, United States
“Very good food, very inattentive servers”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

I have been going to Biaggio's for years due to its proximity to my house, the excellent (as in REALLY GOOD) cheeseburgers, and the fact that my coworkers schedule end-of-year parties there. If I were rating this based on my love of their burgers, it would get my highest rating. I have heard that the rest of the food is good, but I can't say since I find it impossible to order anything other than the burger (it is that good). My low rating comes from the fact that I can no longer convince my family to go since the service is consistently poor. I have never waited so long between waiter visits in my life, and I am generally ready to eat my own hand by the time the food arrives. When I told the owner once, he thanked me for my feedback but remarked that he was shocked to hear it. After sitting there time after time wondering if our waiter was ever going to walk back over to our table, I find it hard to believe that I was the only one to complain.

1 Thank John O

New Jersey
“consistently good food at great prices”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Biagio's has been our regular restaurant for years. They have a great staff and a consistently good menu. We have never had a bad meal or experience. They have excellent daily specials and great steaks to boot. They are our 'go to' place to eat.

• Visited March 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Good food, reasonable prices”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

We used this restaurant to hold a repast a year ago. Back in the area for the 1 year anniversary, we decided to again have lunch here. The staff was very friendly. The food is tasty, and reasonably priced. I had the rigatoni ala vodka and it was delicious. Both of my dining partners had the reuben and really enjoyed it (although they did miss the thousand island dressing). The lunch time portions were large enough to have plenty to bring home. It appears they are doing well as they are in the process of adding a huge addition for banquets.
I will say I wish the tables were larger. When we arrived there was only one other table of 2 people, yet they squeezed our party of 3 into a table comfortably big enough for 2. If more then 2, ask to be sat at a four top.

• Visited March 2013
Hackensack, New Jersey
“Great place”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

I have been here before we took 2 friends on 1/30/13; it was their first time and they enjoyed every bite of the meal. Our server recommended the wine which was so good we had 2 bottles. I told my daughetrs for my 70th birthday here is where I woud like my party to be. The meal was well placed nothing over lapsed, which gave us time to converse.
A must have is the lobster/crab cake.
I strongly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited January 2013
Waldwick, New Jersey
“Needs an identity”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Average food, little flavor, really big portions. I don't know if this is supposed to be a fancy restaurant as their website portrays, a local bar with food or a soon to be giant catering hall. Serice was good, nice wine and beer selection. Dessert lacked anything worth spending $7 for.
I had a chicken dish and my wife had a sizzling steak, we were not close to being blown away by the dishes. The crab meat cocktail was nothing to rave about for $15, and house salads were fine but no offering of fresh pepper which you would expect after seeing their website. Overall satisfied, full and good service, but will not be going back anytime soon.

• Visited January 2013