“Very nice dinner, service slow”
Review of Chakra

Chakra
Reserve with OpenTable
Chakra is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 140 Restaurants in Paramus
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Arcadian Avenue
Parsippany, New Jersey
“Very nice dinner, service slow”
Reviewed March 24, 2014

We met friends here for dinner, our first time eating there. It's a beautifully decorated dining room and to my surprise reasonably quiet to allow dinner conversation in a normal voice. Our wait staff was slow procuring the drinks as well as our dessert coffees. That aside, the food is excellent, well prepared and delicious. The desserts were average. It is a little pricey for what they provide. I would go again.

• Visited March 2014

• Korean first
Ridgewood, New Jersey
“So far minus one star --- MANAGER IS EXTREMELY RUDE”
Reviewed February 28, 2014

Yesterday I called to get some information about the place, i.e. DJ on Fridays? Saturdays? If there is any dancing? The manager on the phone was extremely rude!! Then today I called, asked for a reservation (not sure why I am insisting on this!) the manager said he had a reservation for 8:15 then changed his mind, to 8:30. Then told me I had to provide a credit card, I provided the info and he could not type at all I had to give the number to him 4 times, one number at a time and still he couldn't type !! Duhhh. Wanna charge like NYC? Provide the same customer service as NYC!! Hello Owners of Chakra can't you see your managers are not top of the line (read the reviews here on trip advisor!) - Let's see what happens tonight!

1 Thank Slumberr
Leonia, New Jersey
“Delicious food, lovely decor, SLOW service”
Reviewed February 20, 2014 via mobile

This was our first visit; referred by friends for the great food. My son had the lobster "crab cake" appetizer special which he reports was heavenly. Chilean Sea Bass - perfection. Petit filet - wonderful. I would go again but the restaurant was not crowded on a Wednesday night and there seemed to be plenty of staff, so I don't know why it took an hour to get appetizers alone

Visited February 2014
Brick, New Jersey
“Amazing food! Vinnie have outstanding service! Very romantic!”
Reviewed February 15, 2014

My boyfriend and I came to chakra all of the way from Brick, Nj last night based upon amazing word of mouth. We were pleasantly greeted as we walked through the door and our server was Vinnie. He was absolutely wonderful and a pleasure to have. He made sure that we were taken care of the entire time, answered every question I had and gave me the best recommendations since I'm so indecisive when it comes to ordering food especially while pregnant. The food was the best quality I have ever had. We had such an amazing experience and we will definitely be back. The atmosphere was dim with candle light all around. It was very romantic. I couldn't have asked for anything more! Ask for Vinnie to receive incredible service. :) This restaurant deserves more the 5 stars. Thank you for a great time!

new jersey
“Not all that great!”
Reviewed February 14, 2014

If you want to charge $89 per couple for a Valentine's Dinner..........you better had make it delicious. The salad was tasty, the lobster cake was good, but the filet was ordered medium rare & it was burned & over cooked. We did not want a round of free drinks, we wanted our dinners cooked the way they should have been. The lobster tail? Come on, it was so small, it was a sin to even serve such a small piece of lobster. Not for anything, we even had to ask for bread! The best part of our dining experience were our drinks. When I brought the matter to the managers attention, he shrugged his shoulders as if to say, OH WELL. The dessert was okay.

We will not be going back anytime soon.