“So far minus one star --- MANAGER IS EXTREMELY RUDE”
Review of Chakra

Chakra
Reserve with OpenTable
Chakra is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 142 Restaurants in Paramus
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Arcadian Avenue
Reviewed February 28, 2014

Yesterday I called to get some information about the place, i.e. DJ on Fridays? Saturdays? If there is any dancing? The manager on the phone was extremely rude!! Then today I called, asked for a reservation (not sure why I am insisting on this!) the manager said he had a reservation for 8:15 then changed his mind, to 8:30. Then told me I had to provide a credit card, I provided the info and he could not type at all I had to give the number to him 4 times, one number at a time and still he couldn't type !! Duhhh. Wanna charge like NYC? Provide the same customer service as NYC!! Hello Owners of Chakra can't you see your managers are not top of the line (read the reviews here on trip advisor!) - Let's see what happens tonight!

1  Thank Slumberr

Reviewed February 20, 2014

This was our first visit; referred by friends for the great food. My son had the lobster "crab cake" appetizer special which he reports was heavenly. Chilean Sea Bass - perfection. Petit filet - wonderful. I would go again but the restaurant was not crowded on a Wednesday night and there seemed to be plenty of staff, so I don't know why it took an hour to get appetizers alone

Reviewed February 15, 2014

My boyfriend and I came to chakra all of the way from Brick, Nj last night based upon amazing word of mouth. We were pleasantly greeted as we walked through the door and our server was Vinnie. He was absolutely wonderful and a pleasure to have. He made sure that we were taken care of the entire time, answered every question I had and gave me the best recommendations since I'm so indecisive when it comes to ordering food especially while pregnant. The food was the best quality I have ever had. We had such an amazing experience and we will definitely be back. The atmosphere was dim with candle light all around. It was very romantic. I couldn't have asked for anything more! Ask for Vinnie to receive incredible service. :) This restaurant deserves more the 5 stars. Thank you for a great time!

Reviewed February 14, 2014

If you want to charge $89 per couple for a Valentine's Dinner..........you better had make it delicious. The salad was tasty, the lobster cake was good, but the filet was ordered medium rare & it was burned & over cooked. We did not want a round of free drinks, we wanted our dinners cooked the way they should have been. The lobster tail? Come on, it was so small, it was a sin to even serve such a small piece of lobster. Not for anything, we even had to ask for bread! The best part of our dining experience were our drinks. When I brought the matter to the managers attention, he shrugged his shoulders as if to say, OH WELL. The dessert was okay.

We will not be going back anytime soon.

Reviewed February 2, 2014

We have Been here quite a few times, and yesterday decided to go for out date night. Sat at the bar to wait for our table . $32 for two drinks ( absolutely ridiculous , you are not paying NYC rent prices to justify this absurd ) . So we sit down, our waiter was not a good one from the beginning , talked me out of ordering a drink , took forever to bring menus and overall just wasn't pleasant. My husband ordered a margarita, same he had a the bar, this ne tasted like a very sour lemonade. If you are gonna charge $15 for a drink , you must be consistent . So he told the waiter , he took the drink came back two seconds later with it "fixed" which was a ton of simple syrup and water. Gross. He took our food order, and I asked for the trout which originally comes w almond and I asked if it was possible to have it without because I'm allergic, he said sure but didn't write enough on the pad to make me think he was letting the chef know about food allergy, so I said it again " please make sure there will be no nuts, I'm allergic to nuts and shellfish " he said ". Got that ". My fish came, took one bite and it was loaded w almond flavor , my husband took a bite to make sure I wasn't being paranoid and said " yeah, do you have your epipen and Benadryl ?" Which I always carry w me. We got up, he looked for the manager while I scrabbled my purse to find my medicine . He told the manager what happened and all he said was " you can go, I will take care of your check " WHAT CHECK? We didn't eat, our drinks hadn't arrived yet, and your staff just ruined date night , which when you have a kid is a hard thing to do. He didn't ask if I was ok, if there was anything he could do for us , NOTHING. We went to the car, I was on the verge of having a panic attack, took my medicine , and was so so upset . It was almost 10 pm at this point and we were starving, thank God we drove by Capitalle Grill and decided to go in. Had an amazing meal and the waiter Chris was fantastic, Capitalle Grill saved our night . Chakra: if you wanna charge 4 star restaurant prices, make sure you have that quality level of service, food and drinks . You won't be seeing me anytime in the future.