“Elegant spot especially for Bergen County”
Review of Chakra

Chakra
Reserve with OpenTable
Chakra is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 151 Restaurants in Paramus
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Arcadian Avenue
Reviewed September 15, 2012

This is a large and well-decorated restaurant on Route 4. My wife and I and another couple had dinner there recently. The wine list was excellent but pricey. Wish they would have more wines in the $50-75 range though. The appetizers really were the stars. The crab cake was one of the best we have had since moving away from Baltimore over 20 years ago. I would have the larger size for a main course if I go again. The tuna tartar in citrus with tapioca was also great: though the portion was small. I had the charred octopus. The octopus themselves were perfect, but the plate was swimming in oil making it unappetizing. The fried calamari was a little pale, but otherwise fine. The main courses did not do so well. Two of us had the house special veal schnitzel. The veal was too greasy. The portion size was good, but I only ate half to avoid over-dosing on grease. The arugula on top was delicious. The Sous-Vide Pork Tenderloin & BBQ Pork Shoulder was also a nice size, but too sweet. The lemon chicken was okay, but not great. We all agreed that a meal of appetizers would have been the way to go. The service was almost awful and is the reason for 3 rather than 4 stars. Our server was always somewhere else. We had to pour our own wine most of the time: a minor thing, but it should not happen at these prices particularly on a Wednesday night when the place was not crowded. The food, once we were able to get our order placed, came quickly. So excellent appetizers, okay entrees and poor service. Assuming other staff are better, we would go here again.

Reviewed September 8, 2012

Purchased a Groupon for this popular restaurant. Have eaten here many times. Quality of food and wait staff (Julia) were excellent. My only issue was that they upcharged us for the steak (which was fine) but then charged us tip and tax on top of this. Didn't say anything but they shouldn't have. Had a lovely time. Restaurant was crowded and a bit noisy but food was terrific.

Reviewed August 11, 2012

went to Chakra for the first time and it did not dissapoint. Our waitress was Julia and she knew the menu and drink menu inside and out- great recommendations. Very insightful and she was fantastic. had the crab cake app and it was spot on.
TC steak was huge and flavorful with chef's own sauce and sea bass was great.
Very nice atmosphere as well.

Reviewed August 11, 2012

I've been to Chakra as a guest. Last night we thought we'd give it a try as, because the restaurant is so popular, we must have caught it on a bad night. I don't think we did. I give them alot of credit for being so popular as I just don't get it
The setting is quite attractive, with a nice bar scene. The restaurant is noisy, the food is nothing more than average (I'm easy), and it is expensive. There are many better alternatives in the area.

Reviewed July 19, 2012

I have been to a lot of restaurants and I have to say this is now my favorite. The veal schnitzel was amazing!