“Magical intimate wedding at Jacks Barn!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 4 things to do in Oxford
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Oxford, New Jersey
“Magical intimate wedding at Jacks Barn!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2014

I had my wedding here in Jacks Barn in April 2014. One word is needed: MAGICAL. Everyone is still talking about the wedding and how special it was. The barn is charming, rustic and not a typical banquet hall like everything else in NJ. The owners are wonderful people who make you feel like a priority and answer all your questions, literally, ALL of them! I would have my wedding here again, and again, and again. My photographer and cinematographer couldn't get enough of how absolutely beautiful the barn is. Do not pass this place up! If you want a true, authentic, rustic barn wedding, like the ones you see in all those wedding blogs then please choose Jack's Barn. You won't regret it.

Visited April 2014

Hackettstown, New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Main Antiques at Jack's Barn”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014

We have been customers for about 15 years and we have never been disappointed. Bill only has items of high quality (no junk!!) in his shop. His store is bright, clean and well organized. There is plenty to see: from furniture, to knick-knacks, from clocks to lamps—and some unique items too! And you will always get a warm, friendly greeting from Bill, along with the best customer service around!

Visited March 2014
1 Thank DKHJ
Florham Park, New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“A bit disappointed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014

I agree with the other reviews that Main Antiques has great quality pieces. We actually have a few in our home, BUT although I don't like to write negative things about nice people trying to make a living, what I was disappointed with was the rest of Jacks Barn. The website made it sound like there were many more dealers. There were 2 maybe 3 others with not a lot of inventory. I say maybe 3 because I wasn't sure if the painted country furniture section was part of Main Antique or not.
We traveled over an hour and were in and out of there in less than 15 minutes, and believe me I made a few rounds to make sure I didn't miss anything. I felt it wasn't worth the hour+ trip or the gas.
If you do decide to go for a road trip, take a side trip into Hackettstown and have lunch or breakfast at Stella G's. Fantastic!!!!!!

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Birdnurse
New York City, New York
“Manhattanites forget antiquing in CT - go to Jack's in NJ!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

Excellent antiques at good prices. I think that my Mother is their best customer and you know what the say; like Mother like daughter! I've bought a number of items from this store and am extremely please with everything. And the owner isn't so bad either : )

Visited February 2014
Belvidere, New Jersey
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Main Antiques a treasure trove !!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2014

Main Antiques located in the perfect setting of Jacks Barn, should be the destination of every lover of good quality antiques and decorative items. Over the last three years I have decorated my new home, from wall to wall, with treasures from this wonderful store, whether it be Chippendale repro tables, paintings, wing chairs, life size china chickens and roosters....yes including a lamp, and just when I think I have run out of room I find a spot for something else. Not only are the items first class but the prices are down to earth and not inflated, which is wonderful. The owner Bill is totally helpful, and if he hasn't got what you are looking for will certainly attempt to find it for you. Main Antiques is definitely worth a visit, I shall be returning again soon.

Visited February 2014