“Best Ever Italian Restaurant and great prices”

Libretti's Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 41 Restaurants in Orange
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 16, 2012

Libretit's is our favorite Italian Restaurant in NJ. For a quick "let's go out to dinner, last minute to let's go out with friends" you cannot go wrong. The prices are great and meals are great too. Try their eggplant parm - not on the menu, but they will gladly make it for you and you will not be dissapointed. As well as the oreganato shrimp, yummy..

As for the comments on the mussels from another viewer, I tend to disagree, you get the mussels with hot and sweet peppers and the fresh bread is a meal in itself.

We love Libretti's, my husband has been going there for many years... always a good meal.

Reviewed September 16, 2011

Terrible. Neither the mussels in the appetizer nor the red snapper entree were fresh. The snapper was actually so bereft of texture as to be mushy. The mussel sauce was flavorful but overrun with hot peppers that eliminated any subtlety the dish may have had. My wife's pasta dish had no discernible flavor whatsoever. Amazing, in an unfortunate sort of way. Garden-variety Italian-restaurant mediocrity would be an improvement. Strongly not recommended.

Reviewed July 21, 2009

Libretti's is my family's go-to place for all special occasions. I've never been disappointed, and neither has anyone I've taken. The food is fabulous (the Chicken Libretti and the Chicken Scarpariello are my personal favorites), the dining areas are nice, the front bar area is classy and old-fashioned, and the food is well-priced. The only time I was less than absolutely thrilled with my dining experience was one Valentine's Day when they opened a banquet room for dining; I'd recommend that if you are going there on a holiday to make sure you get seated in one of the regular dining areas instead of the wide-open banquet room.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Maplewood, New Jersey
Reviewed March 24, 2009

Food is hit and miss. Too much sauce on items which don't need sauce.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook