“I'll be back”
Review of The Tewksbury Inn

The Tewksbury Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
The Tewksbury Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Oldwick
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 16, 2013

It was a last minute decision to go here on a Friday night and knowing that this is a place that you need reservations we were prepared for a long wait or to eat at the bar. As expected the place was full but the wait was only about 20 minutes for a table so we went to the bar to have a drink. This restaurant is an old Inn so the place is tight with a rustic feel to it. While seated at the bar we were able to see the menu and since other people were eating we decided to eat at the bar anyway. She ordered the risotto app. and I the potato soup both were large portions and very good. We then ordered the calimari app. which was fantastic, there is more than enough for two people. Bartender who was all by himself was attentive, friendly and very busy, great job David. We will be back again to try the main menu sometime soon.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

The restaurant is a very attractive, quaint place. It is somewhat off the beaten path but still in an easy to find location. It is a good choice for any type of occasion. We were here with some friends for dinner but it would also be a great choice for a date night or a business dinner. The menu did not have any outstanding unique selections but the food was excellent and the portions were large. Our server was very helpful and friendly. We were very pleased with the whole dining experience and will definitely go here again.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

Just wanted to sit outside and enjoy a beautiful evening with my beautiful wife. We were thrilled to have delicious soft shell crabs in August!! Unique preparation w fresh tomatoes and balsamic.
Great tomato salads too.

1  Thank 11Barry
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Had a business meeting at this lovely venue and the food was very good. Our only issue was our server who was a bit gruff and not at all enthousiastic or warm to the party. We felt her attitude was a bit curt and she provided the bare minimum service. At one point she seemed mad that we were not ready to order when she asked. Silly stuff like that. A bit of an attitude I'd say, for no apparent reason. (Mind you, we were a party of six so the gratuity was already factored in). I would ask the management to please be more diligent with their staff when the gratuity is already factored in. The host should go around to the tables and ask if all is well. That was really the only distraction - our party was also very multi-cultural, which is a bit of an oddity in very whitebread and and sleepy Hunderdon County but I am hoping that was not a factor also in the way the server behaved with our party. Management: please be more vigilant. Enough said. I would give a Very Good rating but instead will only give Average due to this aspect of our dining experience.

1  Thank Jon772009
Reviewed August 11, 2013

The staff was friendly and the food was a great value for the price. My mom and I stopped in for a late lunch today and we really enjoyed the meal - especially the fresh fruit salad. If I had to make a single suggestion for improving The Tweksbury Inn, it would be the coffee. It was fresh and hot but honestly, I've had better cups of coffee at Quick Check. :)