“Such a wonderful experience!”
Review of The Spirit Spa

The Spirit Spa
Ranked #1 of 3 things to do in Oldwick
More attraction details
Owner description: Elegant Day Spa located in a lovingly restored 1850's Victorian Home , specializing in world class Skin Care and Body Treatments ,Massage therapy ,Pedicures and Manicures,Hair removal, Microdermabraision. Wedding and party packages and ladies nights out. Gift Shoppe offering unique modestly priced gifts for the mind , body and soul. Gift Certificates available
Branchburg, New Jersey
“Such a wonderful experience!”
Reviewed January 25, 2014

I have been meaning to write this review of Spirit Spa of Oldwick after having such a wonderful experience there as part of some bachelorette festivities back in September! Most importantly, everyone in our party was extemely pleased with each of the treatments they received which included varying combinations of manis, pedis, massages, body scrubs, and/or facials! In fact, one of our party who is a facial "snob" commented that it was the best she ever had. Another in our party who is not comfortable with much physical handling noted how the very accomodating the staff were to this during her treatments. And I have to endorse the deliciousness of the body scrub!

Some other notes...As you can imagine, trying to organize a variety of treatments for a variety of lengths for six women could be challenging, but the staff did so with style and grace (in spite of my repeated phone calls the week of to add this, cancel that, and adjust anything else). Once we arrived, we found the premises to be clean and organized and the Victorian atmosphere was nice and quaint. The friendly staff encouraged us to make ourselves comfortable in the beautiful waiting room and we were able to arrange a small table of snacks and drinks, which Spirit Spa contributed to as well. And in between treatments and some low key bachelorette games, we were also kept entertained by browsing (and in some cases buying) some of the interesting merchandise they have available.

Needless to say, we all agreed that we would come back another time!

Visited September 2013
1967Shelby, Owner at The Spirit Spa, responded to this review, February 2, 2014
Thank you so much for the time you took to write such a wonderful detailed review. We are very happy your party enjoyed themselves and we look forward to serving you in the future.

Somerset, New Jersey
“Absolutely Wonderful Experience!”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

I have been to a number of spas over the years, but my experience at Spirit Spa was, by far, the best. Everything from booking the appointment to receiving the treatments was a joy. The staff is professional, friendly and courteous, and the entire atmosphere is relaxing, beautiful, cozy and meticulously clean. I went to my appointment stressed and left feeling completely relaxed and rejuvenated after a manicure, pedicure, massage and facial. I can't wait until my next visit and highly recommend Spirit Spa!

Visited August 2013
1967Shelby, Owner at The Spirit Spa, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our spa and we are delighted you enjoyed your services , Thank you very much for your business.
“Serene but with a few kinks”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

I live in the area and have been here quite a few times. Each time is very different and the experiences have been pretty inconsistent. It is one of the only high end spas in the area and doesn't have the hustle and bustle feeling that other nail salons have, which is nice. The massage I had was very good. However, I had a very strange experience when I recieved a pedicure. The woman told me she wouldn't paint my pinky toenail because it was 'too small'. I've had many pedicures over the years and have NEVER heard that before. I don't even have small feet! I was so alarmed and confused by her statement that I couldn't even react. The services are not cheap and I paid for only 8 out of my ten toes...I was with my mother and we were sitting in the waiting room for our feet to dry and she was so perturbed she insisted that I go into the nail room, get the polish and paint the nails she refused to do. It was such an embarrassing afternoon. Anyway, I would suggest the facials and massages but they are pretty pricey, even for the area.

Visited September 2012
1967Shelby, Owner at The Spirit Spa, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Dear Skam711, thank you for taking the time to write a review. We have spoken to all our nail techs and front desk staff and we are having a hard time understanding when or how this misunderstanding may have occurred. We would very much appreciate if you could contact the spa manager AT , so we can come to a better understanding as there is no knowledge of the situation.It is not our policy or part of our protocol.
Long Valley NJ
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“Most Pleasant”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Been here many times and the staff is always pleasant, professional and accommodating. Located in a lovely old building, the décor is luxurious in a homey, Victorian kind of way. Plenty of parking at the rear of the building. I am looking forward to my next visit.

Visited August 2013
1967Shelby, Owner at The Spirit Spa, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for us ; we are very happy you had an enjoyable visit and we look forward to seeing again
Toms River, New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Spa!”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

I have been going to the Spirit Spa for years and love it. The atmosphere is great and the people very friendly. The experience is very personal, unlike at chain massage places. I have been going to Vicky and Adena, and they are both excellent!

Visited October 2012
1967Shelby, Owner at The Spirit Spa, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Lindsey, Thank you very much for taling the time to review us , we appreciate your business very much !