“A true Hungry Gringo hit”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
LaLa's Puerto Rican Kitchen
Ranked #24 of 99 Restaurants in Old Bridge
Reviewed May 14, 2018 via mobile

My son researched this establishment and we confirmed it’s top shelf quality. We loved it. The food is takeout, but do not miss it. A small food truck located in a shopping plaza adjacent to rt 9, LaLa has all the right stuff.. The food is true Puerto Rican and portions are fair. We had one unfortunate situation occur but was amazingly rectified. They forgot part of our order. When we arrived home and realized, we called and wrote an email. Within 5 minutes the owner called and deeply apologized. He even offered to drive the dish to us and refunded the missing food. I haven’t seen this level of customer service since the 70’s. These guys really care about there food and customers. And for this you can taste the genuine care in the food... Excellent!!!
If you like PR food or for that any good food, drive , walk or run to LaLa’s. Just do not miss it...

Date of visit: May 2018

Reviewed March 19, 2018

Amazing Puerto Rican food. Follow on Facebook to know the schedule and menu choices, but sooooo worth it! Delicious Canoas, Empanadas, Arroz, Pastelon. The atmosphere is like a party on wheels!

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed March 4, 2018

Its a trailer so it moves, or at least twice it did, this new location is not very easy to see from the road when driving the speed limit on rt 9. THE FOOD IS AMAZING! Authentic, fresh, & tasty!

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed April 10, 2017 via mobile

Service was slow. Went on a Sunday afternoon and had a pretty good stream of customers. Some how my order took way longer than everyone else's and I didn't even order anything special. Took about 45minutes to almost an hour! All I got was some lame excuse that it was the testones that took long! I couldn't have been the only one ordering them but hey, whatever. When I finally did get my food it was ok. Nothing impressive. Rice seemed a little dry (over cooked? Maybe from the long wait). Lesson learned, I won't be back .

Date of visit: April 2017
1  Thank Resort690124
Reviewed November 22, 2016

My husband and I discover Frank and Lala about 2yrs ago and they have never disappoint. We love their food and so happy that they allowed more time in Old bridge. Frank is the nicest guy and tries to get to know us by first name. His food is fresh and tasty. Lala is very creative with flavors. We never get tired of her cooking. You have to visit them. They are now at the Deep Run Strip Mall off RT 9. The lines are long on Saturdays and Sundays but well worth the wait.

Date of visit: November 2016