“Just about the best baby back ribs in NJ”

The Original Big Ed's BBQ
Ranked #6 of 85 Restaurants in Old Bridge
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed January 7, 2013

So far, Big Ed's in Old Bridge is the best BBQ I've found anywhere in NJ. They used to have 2 locations, but I notice that the Dayton, NJ restaurant is closed (phooey)! Whether you want to handle the baby back ribs or go for the pulled version, it is mouth watering good. Sides are OK, but not outstanding. The normal portions (not all you can eat) are more than adequate for a meal. The selection of draft beers is also a great accompaniment. Pass on the garlic bread as is only average.

Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

My family ate here last week. I had a chicken sandwich, which was quite tasty. The onion rings were great.

Some people in our party had the all you can eat ribs. In all cases, the first rack arrived PERFECTLY done. Any subsequent racks declined in quality. When we spoke to some others who had been there, they mentioned the same thing and and said they've been pulling that trick for years.

The service was efficient and friendly. The atmosphere is loud, but that was expected.

1  Thank daynasu
Reviewed December 20, 2012

This place is great. The baby back ribs are sooooo delicious and it's all you can eat!!!!!! You can't ask for better than that!!!!!

Reviewed November 26, 2012

my wife & I waited over an hour just to be seated, This place was known for their killer ribs. well being that we just moved in the area 2 yrs ago we still cannot find a decent ribs place. the ribs we ordered were dry an very blan wasnt worth my wasted time waiting around. I will never step foot in here again.

2  Thank brian1277
Reviewed November 26, 2012

great endless platters of ribs for under $20. You can't go wrong. This down home feel BBQ place is loud and fun. With TVs everywhere you are sure to never miss a game either. Lots of Suds on tap gives you the opportunity to try alot of different brews.