“There are restaurants and then there are RESTAURANTS”
Review of Just

Just
Reserve with OpenTable
Just is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 84 Restaurants in Old Bridge
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Wine Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Between Jake Brown Rd & Fairway Ln
Description: JUST Restaurant & Lounge is a city-style Contemporary American dining oasis located in the heart of New Jersey. Our menu consists of artfully prepared culinary creations that diners have described as “too pretty to eat”. But rest assured- each ingredient works together in a way that appeals to both the eye and the palate. Our culinary team chooses only the best quality ingredients to create the unique plates that set JUST apart from other restaurants in the area. Diners find themselves transported to a different city the moment they step through our doors and every detail in the design works together to set the perfect ambiance for any occasion. Altogether the elegance of the décor, the unparalleled presentation of the cuisine and the attentiveness of our wait staff, your experience at JUST is guaranteed to be unforgettable.
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We do quite a bit of eating out and Just is in my top three local restaurants. Outstanding service and interesting chef choices. Cocktails and wine list are extensive as well.

There are newer reviews for Just

Reviewed January 1, 2014

We've gone to Just several times since it opened. At the beginning it was SUPERB - expensive, but worth every penny. We went back last week, and while the food is still GOOD, it's no longer as good as it was. I don't know if it is a different chef, or economics, but everything from the pretzel bread to the homemade donut dessert was just not as good as it was months ago.

The waiter was amazing, and charming; the main courses were also GOOD, but not great. And the techno music is still as annoying as it was when I first wrote a review. But unless the food quality improves, it's not worth the cost any longer. Too bad - we need a SUPERB restaurant in our area!

1  Thank DonW38
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Don't be fooled by this restaurant located behind a gas station. The food and service was wonderful. The hot pretzel rolls with Dijon butter was delicious. The thin garlic breadsticks were also yummy. My friends had the crispy pork belly for a starter and loved it. For my entree I had the red zinfandel infused pasta with veggies. It had just the right amount of red zinfandel flavor. For dessert we shared the cropoleon minis and oreo zeppoles. We all preferred the zeppoles. The only reason I am not giving it 5 stars is because it is pricey.

1  Thank Paula O
Reviewed November 11, 2013

perhaps I was expecting too much, based on other reviews. I was expecting a very fine culinary experience, and was underwhelmed. The plating was excellent, and each dish looked like it was ready for photography for a cook book. The special, Halibut, was a generous portion, but overcooked, and dry, served with couscous that had almost no flavor or seasoning. The seared tuna was not the top quality I was expecting in a fine restaurant. It was seared well and plated beautifully, but their were strings of tough membrane, that you don't expect to find in sushi grade tuna. Just a personal opinion, but I didn't care for the atmosphere with long lines of tables, side by side, extending from wall to wall in the restaurant. Although we dined early (6pm), and it was not at all crowded, we were seated at a small table, with one couple and group of 4 on each side of us, just inches away. I really didn't enjoy the "extra" conversations. Sorry....Just didn't live up to my expectations.

2  Thank 997JamesH997
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Tried this for first time with friends who had been there before. The service was 5 star from the time we arrived to the good-bye greeting at the end. Tried the Pear Martini, which was wonderful with sweet pear flavor and slice of pear in it. Appetizer menu was hard to choose from - so many good things. We had the duck empanadas - great and everyone loved theirs. The salmon was excellent - moist with a crisp skin and the halibut special was enjoyed as well. One couple had the lobster dish which they loved. Thought the music in the background was a bit loud though. Certainly recommend this lovely, pretty and well managed restaurant !