“Brooklyn Girl Found Brooklyn Pizza Finally!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Giuseppe's

Giuseppe's
Ranked #25 of 81 Restaurants in Old Bridge
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: My name is Carlo Castronovo and I would like to introduce myself to those of you who may not have been to Giusseppe's Pizzeria here in Old Bridge. My four brothers and I have continued our family tradition of serving great food, just as our father did for nearly half a century. Giusseppe's is our fifth and newest restaurant - a family-owned independent pizzeria and restaurant that offers unmatched quality and service. Our employees' first priority is the customer and making sure that their experience at Giusseppe's is nothing short of excellent. Did you know we use 100% Grande Cheese? Grande uses 100% all-natural cheese with no fillers, no preservatives & no additives! Our sauce is made with fresh-packed tomatoes! Not from concentrate! From all of us at Giusseppe's Pizza & Fine Italian Food, we look forward to serving you! Buon Appetito!
Jamesburg, New Jersey
“Brooklyn Girl Found Brooklyn Pizza Finally!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2012

I grew up in Brooklyn my entire life until 26. I moved to Old Bridge, and hated all the pizza places around. No consistency. Then Giuseppe's opened and I was in love! Out of 20 or so deliveries only ONCE was the pizza not good. Now I live in Jamesburg and I drive TO Guiseppe's for pizza because everything in my area sucks!

• Visited August 2012
Carlo C, Owner at Giuseppe's, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Hello! We appreciate your support of our delicious pizza! We hope to see you again soon and appreciate you taking the time to leave a review! Best, Carlo Castronovo (Owner)

old bridge
“Make Fresh Pizza Pies !!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2012

Every time I go into a Pizzeria they always seem to have "Fresh Counter Pizza Pies." When you walk into Giusseppe's it seems like all the "Counter Pies." Chicken Parm, Chicken Alfredo, BUffalo Chicken, etc. Have been sitting there all day. I find it gross.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank italinqueen123
Carlo C, Owner at Giuseppe's, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Hello! We appreciate you leaving your review but we always have fresh pizza pies on our counter that are baked within the hour! We always look to have the freshest food available to our guests at all times! We encourage you to stop back in for a better experience this time and apologize for your previous encounter! Best, Carlo Castronovo (Owner)
Matawan, New Jersey
“Great take out in Old Bridge”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2012

Guiseppe's is a great local pizzeria. The stromboli's are excellent and my mom and I love to order personal pizzas as well. If they ever have Chicken Marsala Pizza - it's one not to miss! Also, the service is always very friendly, and the one time my order got mixed up and I had to wait a while I was offered a free drink and they were very apologetic. Of the many pizzerias in the area I'd pick Guiseppe's.

Visited April 2012
Carlo C, Owner at Giuseppe's, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Hello Nicole! We definitely appreciate your support! We will always remain dedicated to providing the best customer service along with our delicious food! We look forward to seeing you again soon! Best, Carlo Castronovo (Owner)
Morganville
“Don't jump to conclusions”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2012

My 3 year old son wanted pizza and Guiseppe's is on the way home from my son's day care. My wife usually gets the pizza while I stay in the car with my son, but this time I went in and ordered a plain pie as usual. I went against my better judgement (I lived in Brooklyn for 30 years before moving to NJ) and paid for it in advance. They said it would take 20 minutes so I went to the car to check on my son, I played some music for him, and went back at around 20 minutes later. I asked about the pizza and one of the girls said it's not ready yet and asked me if I paid for it already, so I showed her my receipt and waited. Suddenly, the pizza that wasn't ready magically appeared without having been taken out of the oven. I didn't think anything of it, but when I got home and opened the box to give my 3 year old a slice I saw what looked like a blind samurai practiced chopping on. I used to make pizza as a kid in Brooklyn so I know what a fresh pie is supposed to look like. This thing was sliced all wrong and looked like it as sitting around. You could tell because each slice was defined unlike on a hot pie where the cheese melts back together. Would you give that garbage to your kid? Would you pay for something and expect garbage for your money? As a kid in Brooklyn I would have dealt with it differently, but as an adult and a father I write a bad review. The stupid mistake of assuming that I was trying to pull a fast one, and giving me junk instead of a good pie that would have cost them about $8 maybe results in them losing my business as well as those of the people I know. We used to order a few pies for my son's day care from them, but not anymore. So there you go genius you will continue to lose $100's a month because you didn't want to treat your customer right. Which would have been a better business decision? losing $8 or continuously losing $100's every month?

• Visited March 2012
2 Thank Varghese J
Carlo C, Owner at Giuseppe's, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
I personally would like to apologize because this is not acceptable! We have definitely improved our staff and customer service from this point a few years ago! We operate with a dedication to customer service and providing our customers with high quality fresh food! We hope you can forgive this previous incident and return in the future for a delicious meal or pizza! We hope to see you again soon Varghese and we apologize again. Best, Carlo Castronovo (Owner)
Old Bridge, New Jersey
“Great Food, Great Staff!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2012

This Italian eatery is local to me, but even if it wasn't, I'd still
love Giusseppe's food. My family and I dine here regularly and have
never left hungry or disappointed. With a wide variety of menu options,
we never get bored with the selections; one tastier than the next. My
personal favorite is the Gnocchi Bolognese. The gnocchi is never
overcooked and the meat sauce is a tasty and generous blend of veal,
beef, and sausage in a tomatoe sauce with just a touch of cream.
When I'm in the mood for something lighter, I usually opt for the
Grilled Chicken Romaine salad. The chicken is marinated nicely and sits atop a bed of
fresh greens along with roasted red peppers, red onions, little round balls of fresh mozzarella, cherry tomatoes, and green and black olives with balsamic dressing. Another favorite is the classic Chicken Parmigiana served with any pasta you'd like (even whole
wheat!) and a side salad. The chicken is tender, the sauce sweet, and the portion generous! The pizza, wraps, and subs are also very good. My kids love the chicken wing appetizer (spicy!) and the ravioli dinner. The chicken wings are a nice menu item when catering too, which Giusseppe's not only offers but will be happy to help you put together the perfect package that suits your party. The owner, Carlo, truly aims to please and cares about every order that leaves the premises. If something isn't right, he'll make it right. The entire staff is friendly and helpful. You will not find a sweeter waitress than Crystal who always asks, "What's your favorite pasta!?" when your dish includes a side of it! It's nice to be able to dine in an establishment that has great food but also friendly, great service, too. They even grill up fresh, plain chicken breasts for my dog when I'm short on time!! Overall, you can't go wrong at Giusseppe's. And no, I'm not related to anyone associated with this establishment!!

• Visited March 2012
Carlo C, Owner at Giuseppe's, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
We definitely thank you for leaving your review! We love to hear recommendations from local customers who dine with us regularly! This gives us good information on what menu items become favorites! We thank you and your family for your business and we hope to see you again soon! Check out our Facebook page for information and specials daily! Best, Carlo Castronovo (Owner)