“First time trying the Atlantic Manor”
Review of Atlantic Manor

Atlantic Manor
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Ogdensburg
Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“First time trying the Atlantic Manor”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

I took my wife there last night 9/29/12 to try a different restaurant. We live about 15 minutes away, and we wanted to try someplace new. My neighbor recommended it as well. I checked reviews on google, and I got average ratings. I made reservations, and we were seated on time.
My wife got a chicken dish, which she said was very good. I decided to try the rodizio. It came with many sides, fries, rice, collard greens, and black beans. The meats were chicken, short ribs, pork loin, skirt steak, filet mignon, sausage, quail, lamb. I did not try the lamb, and didn't care for the quail (never had it before, so I can't say if it was food or not). All of the other meats were very good. They brought the first few meats out rather quickly, which was good. As I finished, they were coming back. After the first round, it was about 10 minutes between servings. I figured the guy was busy. After each serving, it became longer before they showed up. Part of the issue is they have 1 person serving rodizio. The problem I had was, 4 different servers came over to ask if I was done. I noticed there was a line to be seated, however I don't like feeling rushed out due to them not being able to handle the rodizio service. I can say I got better service than the guy next to me as they served me and left him several times. The food was very good. The service was lacking substantially. We will not be back due to them trying to rush us out.

1 Thank E30TECH

Livingston, TX
“Real Good Shrimp and Garlic”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

If you live in the north country you can have a fine meal and not drive to Newark. Meals enjoyed were the above, steak, salmon, and tilapia. Sangria, Sangria, Sangria done right. Reasonable prices on all, good bread and pleasant waits staff. This is our second visit is several months with good results.

• Visited August 2012
New Jersey
“Spanish and Portuguese Restaurant”
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Located in a small town in Northwestern, NJ, we stopped here on a Saturday evening on our way home knowing nothing about this establishment. When you first enter you see a bar, but then walking to the left it was an upscale looking restaurant, complete with white tablecloth and napkins. We were in shorts, so we thought we might be underdressed, but they allowed us in, and others who entered later were also very casually dressed. Very small parking lot, unsure what happens when the lot fills up. The place started to fill up pretty quickly. There is also dining for about 8 people outside. We ate inside. When we parked the car a couple came out with bags of leftover food. The portions of salad and the entrees we ordered were enormous. I could have had my salad for a meal, and the entree i ordered could have fed another person. I could understand now why that couple took home leftovers. The food was very tasty. They serve warm bread with your meal, which could have been hotter in temperature. I would give this a 4 1/2 stars because of the service. I was still eating my salad when the waiter came over and asked me if he could take it away as he was holding my entree. All major credit cards are accepted.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank lone6star
NJ
“I wasnt impressed”
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Wondered what all the hype was about since this place opened so I had to try it out. Went with a group, since im not a big meat eater it really didnt impress me, I ordered fish. It was ok, and the people that had the meat were not raving about it. To much hype without the quality. I will give this an average rating.

Visited May 2012
Sparta, New Jersey
“If you don't care for Rodisio, order the Portuguese chicken- best deal on the menu!”
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Half chicken only $9 !! Delish!!
Whole chicken $14.
Served with side of crinkle cut carrots + cauliflower Portuguese style and choice of fries or yellow rice.
Everyone is served a bowl of delicious white bean soup as a first course-Yum!