“Place where memories are made”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ocean View
Ocean View Resort Campground
Morrisville, Pennsylvania
“Place where memories are made”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We used to go to Ocean View Campground when I was a kid. I had so many happy memories there that now that I have a family of my own, I thought we would see if it was as great as I remember. We stayed over the 4th of July week. Check in was quick and we were on our way to a large, level, heavily wooded lot. B-50 was the site we stayed at. We were with my elderly parents who have a travel trailer and they remarked several times on how easy it was to get in the lot and how nice it was that it was so level and laid out well. We had plenty of room for 2 cars, trailer and screen house. The bathhouses were nicer than some of those I've seen in people's homes! It was well worth the quarter for the large, hot shower. I chose to use them over the bathroom in the camper every time. It's better to go at odd times as they get crowded. The camp store was large, well stocked and not too terribly overpriced. The ice cream shop and snack bar were ideal but you'll pay a few cents more for the convenience. The lake was clean and we had a lot of fun there. The pool was always packed. My son loved the tram car and we rode it every night before we returned to our site. My 7 year old also loved his first real taste of freedom. It was a very safe environment and drivers were cautious of children so he was allowed to roam around on his bike with some new friends he made. I was not at all impressed with the arcade. 1/2 of the games were broken, the other half either took your money or were out of tickets. Needs repair. Nice mini-golf and big clubhouse. Only activities during the week were nightly movies, not very exciting but it's within 20 minutes of Ocean City 10 minutes of Sea Isle city so we had plenty to do there. Great location. Getting out on Route 9 during prime hours is a bit tricky. Also had a trailer supply store on site that was great for the injuries our camper sustained in it's travels. Do NOT forget your bug spray, you are in the woods!

Room Tip: Lot's of foot traffic in the sites next to the bathhouses. We stayed about 4 sites away, much q...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank ail17
Ryan R, Manager at Ocean View Resort Campground, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Thank you for the wonderful review. It's great to hear stories about guests that came here when they were young and now bring their families. It's these stories that make everyone feel like family and that's truly special. I hope the good memories keep coming and I hope OVR is part of them. Happy camping!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Lancaster PA
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Very Nice Resort. My wife and dogs had a great time. The lake was refreshing with the HOT Temps. If you are not familiar with the grounds and come at night the park can be confusing. If you want to go to the shore points make it first thing in the morning or late afternoon. Traffic sucks. Overall it is family friendly and a great place to relax. My king of camping. We had a great neighbor behind us and help us with the area. We will come back. Happy Camping.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Ernest R
Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

This is our third time staying here. The campsites are large with plenty of space. The bathrooms are some of the cleanest I have ever seen (and I've been to lots of campgrounds)! We have not used them (we don't have kids with us) but they have lots of activities going on. The camp store is HUGE and carries just about everything. The only one thing we wish they did especially if you arrive after dark is escort you to your site. The campground is HUGE and can be difficult to navigate in the dark.

• Stayed May 2013
3 Thank Jrzygrl64
Kungsbacka, Sweden
Reviewed February 3, 2013

For a resenable price you get a good place to stay at Kol Lanta, very helpful staff -thank you Elle for all your help whith all our ticketbooking way ahead. People like you, do people want tocome back. Nice,clean rooms at the beach.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Suss58
Reviewed August 14, 2012

I have camped here several of times. This place is great. Everything from.the train rides, mini golf, lake, fishing, and the pool. I cant say one bad thing about it. You literally don't even have to leave because there are so many amenities. There's always something to do. The lake has a beautiful beach and a snack bar that has everything. The pool is crystal clear, the ice cream shop has delicious desert, breakfast lunch and dinner. The train takes you through the whole park. The fishing lake you are guarenteed to catch a bass. Over all I give it a AAAA+++

• Stayed September 2011
5 Thank sparkles080
berlin, nj
Reviewed July 28, 2012

We stayed at O.C. campground for a brief weekend 7/13-15th. At first, we were a bit worried , because our reservation was for a pull-through site, and we got a regular site instead. Our rig was too big to fit! When we went back, it took a bit of time to spot a bigger site, but after about two hours total, we were in.
TIP: make sure you are very clear on the phone about where in the park you want to stay. Get a site map of the place before booking if you can.
The whole campground is designed perfectly. There is lots to do if you like, but it is quiet enough to just mellow out. In just three days here, my husband and I were completely relaxed.We spent less on a three day stay here than one a one night stay in a O.C. hotel!

The lake is big, appears clean, with its own bathroom and snack bar, lifeguards, and beach. The pool is clean and well guarded, but a bit warm for me.
There is a (fee) mini-golf, (fee) shuttle to the Sea Isle City beach, and daily (free) activities.
TIP: pick up your groceries & firewood before you get down here, because the nearer stores are pricy.
TIP: bring quarters if you want to take a shower...it is only .25 for a beautiful clean shower...toilets are free.
We are already booked to come back!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank tinlizzy1Berlin_Nj
Ocean City, New Jersey
Reviewed July 10, 2012

We have been going to Ocean View Campground for the past 5 years and have never encountered a bad experience. We love this campground with it's paved roads (great for walking, biking), wonderful beach area with paddle boats, large playground area and snack bar. This past weekend the lake was like bath water...kids enjoy using rafts and inflatables to float in the water. There is a trolley that runs and takes you around the campground..whether you use it to get to the front area, your campsite or just a ride it is fun for adults and kids. They have minature golf, olympic size swimming pools, lots of bath houses, laundry facilities, game rooms, two snack bar areas with ice cream....This campground does not have alot of kids activities but they do have a big clubhouse that has movies, dancing etc. Would highly recommend you try this campground!! Thank you Ocean View for another great week of camping!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Blue Water Inn
#31 of 32 in Ocean City
Seashore Campsites & RV Resort
Big Timber Lake Family Camping Resort
Big Timber Lake Family Camping R...
#1 of 5 in Cape May Court House
Sea Pines RV Resort & Campground

Been to Ocean View Resort Campground? Share your experiences!