“Awesome Southwestern Cuisine The Greatest Salsa on Earth”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Red Sky Cafe - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Red Sky Cafe
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican, Cajun & Creole
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
“Awesome Southwestern Cuisine The Greatest Salsa on Earth”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

Fresh made salsa great flavors, fantastic corn bread and everything else in between!!! Definitely a winner. Great decor artistic stuff all over We have eaten here countless times indoors and out and have never been disappointed.

• Visited May 2013

“YUM!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

I was having a craving for nachos and happened by this little place on Rt 9. What a great little gem! The nacho platter was HUGE! More than enough for 2 or 3! Lots of meat and cheese. Hubby had the chili which was also good and a huge portion! The waitress was very friendly and helpful. I read other reviews that said the food was "bland" but it was just not your usual tex-mex. Will visit again on our next visit to the area.

• Visited May 2013
“Poor experience”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

The three of use were the only patrons for the entire meal...and we had to wait 15 minutes for service. The cooks we chatting in the kitchen and the waiter was talking on the phone...and we had to wait 15 minutes for service from the young and out of touch waiter.

Tostada and quesadillas were ordered. The salsa was pretty bland, the tostada the same and the quesadilla wasn't too bad after adding salsa and Cholula. I wanted Fajitas, but I had a bad feeling about the food. If there is any doubt, I order the burger, or in the case of Mexican restaurants, the quesadilla...which was a valid decision in this case.

This is another BYOB place (a nice Margarita would have been welcome), but they do accept credit cards.

To be fair, my tastes and experiences run towards Southwest-style Mexican food with flavor galore. Red Sky was more like Mexican food in Whitehorse, YT Canada (there's two of them there, BTW). You could do better at home with a recipe from the Food Network.

If you're used to really good Mexican food, this isn't your kind of place.

Cape May Court House, New Jersey, United States
“Friendly Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

Our server Jen was very good. Greeted promptly, friendly, good knowledge of the menu and did a good job of suggestive selling with out being pushy. That being said the food was ok, lacked any flare, bland, not bad just need to be kicked up a little

• Visited March 2013
“Good food, fair prices”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013 via mobile

It has been years since we went to Red Sky and I had heard the quality of service had declined. Our service was decent. The restaurant is tiny which us fine. But we were seated in the patio which is basically a 3 seasons room...in January. It was cold and I could not take off my jacket. My husband loved his tamales and I had the roasted eggplant soup which was delicious. We like to BYOB occasionally and this was the perfect stop after Cape May Brewing. Prices are more than fair for the quality if food. Although I do think they should make fresh salsa. The jarred salsa (assuming) was a disappointment.

1 Thank Wildmanjc