“Delicious food and good service.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Red Sky Cafe - CLOSED

Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican, Cajun & Creole
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Chicago, Illinois
“Delicious food and good service.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2012 via mobile

The enchiladas were great, chips and salsa were fresh and tasty. I'm from the Texas/New Mexico area and I was very impressed.

Boston, Massachusetts
“Southwestern food in South Jersey”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2012

They pack a lot of tables into a small space, and seemed pretty efficient at serving. There are about 14 indoor table and then some picnic tables outside.
Prices were moderate, as were quality. Both were a little higher than average for a Tex/Mex / Southwestern cuisine, in my opinion.

We shared a large combo platter: The Chicken Rellenos was good, as were the burrito and enchilada. The platter was packed full and had good, distinctive flavors, even if the food all sort of ran together on the plate, it was so full.
We had a side of guacamole, which was disappointing, It was super smooth (we prefer some avocado chunks) and the flavor and consistency were not appealing. The salsa was chunky tomato-y, but seemed to have the flavor of cocktail sauce (horseradish?)

This place is BYOB - I saw people with wine, beers and even mixed their own margaritas.

• Visited July 2012
Collingswood, New Jersey
“Just didn't like anything! And prices went way up.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2012

I have been to Red Sky every year since it opened - just not 2011. We went a few weeks ago and it was just awful! Started with the salsa -- terrible! What the heck did they do to the salsa? I remember it being good! This tasted like stewed tomatoes. For entrees, husband got soft tacos - beef was watery tasting and bland. I had the seafood burrito and it was bland also. The crab inside was brown and I only got like 2 shrimp and maybe a few pieces of scallop - barely a whole scallop! We both left half of our meals and didn't even want to take them home for leftovers. We told the waitress and she did offer us a free dessert so we got the Mexican frozen ice cream, which was also gross!! The outside shell tasted like it had been in the freezer for a year. We paid the bill -- which was over $40!! I swear the entrees used to be $12.95 or so and now they are $20 each. Way way too much for Mexican, much less bad Mexican. You can get way better food in Sea Isle at Braca or Pour House for the same price.

• Visited June 2012
Kendall Park, New Jersey
“Don't miss this Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2012

If you like Southwestern food this is a gem right on Route 9 south of Marmora. They also have burgers & steaks. According to oir server, Ryan (who was congenial & attentive) the restaurant has been there for about four years. It opened for dinner at 5 that Thursday and I watched a steady stream of cars coming in. Tacos were great, bean salad & rice were tasty, burrito was okay, but I would probably order something else next time. Shredded barbecue beef was good and plentiful. We took it with us and had soft tacos the next day when it was even tastier! If you are in the Ocean City/Marmora area or traveling Route 9, make it a point to stop here (they do serve lunch). And, you can bring your own wine or beer, which you can't in Ocean City.

Visited June 2012
Philadelphia
“Incredible Southwestern Cuisine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2012

My friends and I went to the Red Sky Cafe in Ocean View after hearing about it from a couple of locals. The second we stepped through the door the service was phenomenal: The hostess was courteous and communicated just how long we would have to wait for a table. Once seated we ordered a few appetizers and each one of us got a different entree so we could all try each others( I got one of their weekly specials, a soft shell crab with cheddar mashed potatoes). The food was DELICIOUS not to mention that the waitstaff took very good care of us. This restaurant is certainly unique and the atmosphere is incredible. I would definitely recommend the Red Sky Cafe to anyone looking for a fantastic night out! Thank You!

• Visited June 2012