“Just didn't like anything! And prices went way up.”
Review of Red Sky Cafe - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Red Sky Cafe
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Collingswood, New Jersey
“Just didn't like anything! And prices went way up.”
Reviewed June 28, 2012

I have been to Red Sky every year since it opened - just not 2011. We went a few weeks ago and it was just awful! Started with the salsa -- terrible! What the heck did they do to the salsa? I remember it being good! This tasted like stewed tomatoes. For entrees, husband got soft tacos - beef was watery tasting and bland. I had the seafood burrito and it was bland also. The crab inside was brown and I only got like 2 shrimp and maybe a few pieces of scallop - barely a whole scallop! We both left half of our meals and didn't even want to take them home for leftovers. We told the waitress and she did offer us a free dessert so we got the Mexican frozen ice cream, which was also gross!! The outside shell tasted like it had been in the freezer for a year. We paid the bill -- which was over $40!! I swear the entrees used to be $12.95 or so and now they are $20 each. Way way too much for Mexican, much less bad Mexican. You can get way better food in Sea Isle at Braca or Pour House for the same price.

Kendall Park, New Jersey
“Don't miss this Place”
Reviewed June 13, 2012

If you like Southwestern food this is a gem right on Route 9 south of Marmora. They also have burgers & steaks. According to oir server, Ryan (who was congenial & attentive) the restaurant has been there for about four years. It opened for dinner at 5 that Thursday and I watched a steady stream of cars coming in. Tacos were great, bean salad & rice were tasty, burrito was okay, but I would probably order something else next time. Shredded barbecue beef was good and plentiful. We took it with us and had soft tacos the next day when it was even tastier! If you are in the Ocean City/Marmora area or traveling Route 9, make it a point to stop here (they do serve lunch). And, you can bring your own wine or beer, which you can't in Ocean City.

Visited June 2012
Philadelphia
“Incredible Southwestern Cuisine”
Reviewed June 9, 2012

My friends and I went to the Red Sky Cafe in Ocean View after hearing about it from a couple of locals. The second we stepped through the door the service was phenomenal: The hostess was courteous and communicated just how long we would have to wait for a table. Once seated we ordered a few appetizers and each one of us got a different entree so we could all try each others( I got one of their weekly specials, a soft shell crab with cheddar mashed potatoes). The food was DELICIOUS not to mention that the waitstaff took very good care of us. This restaurant is certainly unique and the atmosphere is incredible. I would definitely recommend the Red Sky Cafe to anyone looking for a fantastic night out! Thank You!

mays landing, nj
“favorite restaurant!”
Reviewed June 9, 2012

excellent food, as well as service. definitely recommend it!

Sea Isle City, New Jersey
“Yummm”
Reviewed June 2, 2012

I love the Red Sky Cafe! The food is always delicious, and my family and I always look forward to trying the different chilis and gumbos "of the day". It is making me hungry just writing about it!!

• Visited May 2012