“A comfortable bed, tasty french toast, and an ocean view”

The Inn at Ocean Grove
Ranked #2 of 19 Ocean Grove B&B and Inns
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“A comfortable bed, tasty french toast, and an ocean view”
Reviewed January 9, 2011

The Inn at Ocean Grove was my first bed and breakfast experience and I really enjoyed it.

I think one of the best things about The Inn is its location. The beach and boardwalk are about a block and a half away from the front door. I could hear the ocean waves through my closed bedroom window, which provided a great relaxation element. The Inn is also just a couple blocks away from local stores along Main Avenue.

About the room, the queen-sized bed was warm and comfortable. The room and bathroom were clean and provided space to spread out my things. The room also contained a mini-fridge. The Inn also has a very nice rooftop deck that would have been great for lounging during the summer months.

Breakfast was also good. In addition to a list of breakfast menu items, the Inn provided a small buffet of coffee, juice, milk, scones, and toast. I enjoyed the chocolate chip scones and the delicious french toast. I also had a nice breakfast table conversation with other guests.

I enjoyed my stay and plan to return during the summer months.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank MNBallroomDancer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed January 5, 2011

Had a wonderful stay on New Year's Eve. The reception/dining area is cozy, bright, and well decorated. The room (#3) was laid out well, especially for having kids with you. The bathroom, particularly the shower, needs some serious updating and better lighting, but everything was very clean. The inn keeper Pam was wonderful and even gave us some milk and cereal the night before to keep in our room fridge because our kids would be up before breakfast was served!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Fort Atkinson, Wisconsin
Reviewed November 1, 2010

We had a wonderful stay at the Inn! We were on the top floor and next to the roof top balcony where we took in views of the ocean. We were within walking distance to the train and dowtown restaurants and shops. The off season price can't be beat either. Breakfast was delicious and the innkeeper, Pam, went out of her way to make us feel at home.

Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed July 27, 2010

This is one of our favorite stops on the way home from New York City and we are totally impressed with the high level of comfort and cleanliness they maintain here as well as a fantastic free breakfast, discount beach passes and a friendly staff. We'll be back.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
new jersey
Reviewed July 25, 2010

My husband and I just returned from a weekend in beautiful, quaint Ocean Grove, NJ, where we stayed for two nights at The Inn at Ocean Grove, at first glance a perfectly charming bed and breakfast. We had the "pleasure" of staying in Room #4, nothing more than a "glorified closet" with a double bed, although it did have a private bathroom. As the weekend progressed, the lack of attention to detail became more and more apparent. Now, I must admit that I am not a "clean freak" but when I am spending hard-earned money at a pricey Jersey Shore B&B, I expect not to have to share the dirt of the room's previous occupants. In addition to the room appearing somewhat "run down," there was a definite lack of thorough cleaning. When you wipe water from the floor after a shower with a white towel and the towel turns black, it speaks volumes about the last time the floor must have been adequately washed. It was also obvious that no one had swept/vacuumed very well under the armoire.

Breakfast was "okay," consisting of a freshly-prepared choice of scrambled eggs, cheese omelet, french toast or pancakes served with turkey sausage and a slice of cantaloupe. Serve-yourself items included coffee (no decaf), orange juice, whole peaches and plums and streusel-topped pound cake. Immediately prior to checking out this morning, we sat down to enjoy breakfast and after starting our meal were joined by two other guests. As mt husband had nearly finished 1/2 of his pancakes (WITH SYRUP) one of the women poured said syrup on her french toast, only to discover it was infested with gnats. Needless to say, my husband promptly discarded the remainder of his breakfast.

Upon checkout, the proprietor/manager (not sure which he was) did not even inquire about our stay. That being said, I would definitely never stay at this establishment again, nor would I recommend it to anyone else.

Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank jukeboxgraduate56
new york city
Reviewed July 3, 2010

My husband and I stayed at the inn at ocean grove. The inn is beautiful and quaint. We slept in the Angelic Bedroom. This bedroom has its own bathroom. I noticed some of the other rooms do not have a personal bathroom. The jacquzzi is right across from the bedroom but we did not have the opportunity to use it. The bedrooms do not have TV's however there is a common area on the top floor that has a TV. The room also has an AC but we rarely used it because there was always a cool oceanbreeze. The inn also provides breakfasts which includes tea, coffee, cake, toast, preserves, fresh fruit, pancakes, scrambled eggs, omlets, and french toast. The inn is about a block away from the beach. The area is clean, peaceful and beautiful. George was our innkeeper. He was pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Point Pleasant
Reviewed January 21, 2010

We have been coming to The Inn at Ocean Grove for the past five years and consider it one of the best choices along the Shore for value, cleanliness and charm.
They also have a great breakfast cooked to order and a knowledgable staff that can find bargains in The Grove and nearby Asbury Park.
Even though we live nearby in Ocean County, we take several "mini vacations" here in summer and fall and recommend it highly. The roof deck offers a great view as well as lounge chairs and the patio and porch are great places to mingle or relax.
In short, This place is Ab Fab, Absolutely Fabulous!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
The Carriage House Bed & Breakfast
Ocean Place Resort & Spa
Ocean Place Resort & Spa
#1 of 4 in Long Branch

Been to The Inn at Ocean Grove? Share your experiences!