Laingdon Hotel
The Ocean Plaza Hotel(Ocean Grove)(Great Value!)
$140
Lillagaard Inn Bed and Breakfast(Ocean Grove)(Great Value!)
$170
  • Breakfast included
The Majestic Hotel(Ocean Grove)(Great Value!)
$190
$175
The Ocean View Inn(Ocean Grove)(Great Value!)
$121
Oceanic Inn(Asbury Park)
$129
  • Free Internet
Hotels.com
Ocean Park Inn(Ocean Grove)
  • Beachfront
Bellevue Stratford Inn(Ocean Grove)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewswet barprivate decktop floorwalked everywhereocean viewasbury parkamazing locationyogurtparked our carenjoy the viewno elevatorlabor day weekendgreat weekendlovely placewalking distancemain streethosts
Reviewed July 28, 2007

Just stayed this past weekend (7/27 - 7/29) and although it was not a horrendous stay, the whole place could use some work. The tile in the bathroom was falling apart, bathroom fixtures were also broken, the bed itself was reminiscent of the beds that I get to stay at when visiting my parents (another words cheap and a horribly old mattress.)
The sheets were like sandpaper. On the other hand, the towels were exquisitely soft.
Never tried the continental breakfast - so I couldn't really give any input there.
One would also think that the thickness of the walls would be superb considering construction of that time BUT we could clearly hear our neighbors.
Overall not a very relaxing stay at all....considering that you are paying more here than other inns in the area, I would expect MUCH better.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank Betty212
Reviewed May 29, 2007

I want everyone to know what I gem I discovered on the Jersey Shore. My wife and I stayed at the Laingdon Hotel, a Bed and Breakfast right on the Atlantic Ocean in Ocean Grove, NJ. I looked at a lot of B&Bs on the Web, checking out their rooms and amenities. I was looking for a room with a view of the ocean and a fireplace, two things that my wife loves. The room we stayed in at the Laingdon Hotel had both AND a private balcony looking at the ocean. The mini suite had a comfortable 4 poster bed, a roomy bathroom in one room and a couch, chairs and fireplace in the other. The ambience was wonderful. I relaxed as soon as we opened the door and made ourselves comfortable. Ocean Grove is a great little town with friendly people and good food. The Laingdon is the place to stay when you go there. The owners were friendly and accomodating and the overall experience was wonderful. We look forward to going back again, maybe even in winter. The ocean is still beautiful and that fireplace keeps the room warm and cozy. You can check out the place at [--]. The phone is [--]. I stayed in Room 2.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple
4  Thank stewitz
Reviewed May 21, 2007

Directly across from the boardwalk with the entire Atlantic Ocean on your doorstop, the Laingdon is a beautiful and picturesque place to enjoy the tranquility that is Ocean Grove. Friendly staff, nice complementary continental breakfast (AWESOME muffins!) and a quaint, clean hotel. Our room was on the top floor, facing the beach, with a balcony, TV, private bath. Was not inexpensive, but worth treating ourselves and enjoyed our weekend in August 2006.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled as a couple
2  Thank nagled
Reviewed March 14, 2007

Stayed at the Laingdon for a long weekend in January. Room were wonderful! Clean, fireplace, ocean view, comfy bed. Staff are very accomodating. We took advantage of their off season rates. Stay one night and get another at half price. Great deal! It was close to restaurants and shops. Would definetely stay here again.

Stayed: March 2007
1  Thank monsen
Reviewed January 9, 2007

We stayed at the Laingdon the week of August 13th, 2006, and had a wonderful time. We were greeted by Bill, the father of the owner, he was very friendly and helpful. Our room had a Queen size bed and a beautiful unobstructed ocean view. The bathroom was really nice also and even had a window with an ocean view. I found the price to very reasonable for such great accomadations. There was a very nice continental breakfast served each morning which we ate out on the terrace which was ocean front. The Inn was quiet and located right across from the beach, and within close walking distance to Main Ave where the shops and restaurants are. We loved this hotel and hope to come back this summer.

• Stayed: August 2006
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank goldenpear