“A Victorian Gem”

Ranked #5 of 19 Ocean Grove B&B and Inns
New York
“A Victorian Gem”
Reviewed July 24, 2008

My stay at the Majestic Hotel was wonderful. My room #8 was absolutely beautiful. I was looking for a place to relax, unwind, and got more than I bargained for. The service was great and everyone was friendly. The restuarant in the Majestic Hotel was fabulous (Kudos to the chef). If you are looking for an elegant and intimate place to stay in Ocean Grove, near the ocean, The Majestic Hotel is the place to be. In fact I am looking forward to another stay at the Majestic, a Victorian Gem.................real soon.

• Liked — The room and amneties were great. The food served was excellent.
  • Disliked — I wish the continental breakfast although good, was more elaborate.
  • Stayed July 2008
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
New Jersey
Reviewed April 28, 2008

I have just returned from a Women's Retreat Overnight at the Majestic. The hotel is magnificent and and the service we experienced was top-notch. It was so lovely that it was hard to drag ourselves away from the hotel to go out to dinner. Valerie and her staff are phenomenal. Even with construction going on they made us feel like Queens for the night. I must say that the decor is fabulous , the rooms are all different and give you a different vibe as you enter each one. All made you feel relaxed and comfortable beyond belief.

Went to dinner right in town at Captian Jacks (one of the local spots recommended by Valerie), all of the ladies loved it.
Breakfast in the morning was just as wonderful as everything else. I could go on and on ...So what are you waiting for?....book a stay here....for pure relaxation and tranqulity with class....you will not be disappointed....I was not...my group was not...Will be going back again...without a doubt....Excellent spot for romantic get-away....can't wait to take my hubby...

• Stayed April 2008, traveled with friends
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed November 9, 2007

I was in town on business and fortunately reserved a room at The Majestic. The place is wonderful. Very nice staff, very clean rooms, beautiful decor. I highly recommend this place to anyone considering a stay in Ocean Grove.

Stayed November 2007
Lexington
Reviewed October 29, 2007

Owners Valerie and Sean made us feel like family and took care of our every request. The continental breakfast was great and the Oceana Restaurant was terrific. Stay in Room 5 for great balcony view of the ocean. We will be back.

• Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
scranton,pa
Reviewed August 1, 2007

what a pleasent suprise,I travel with the military alotand had been away from home for a while,just so happens i was going to be in New Jersey for my wedding anniversary,and decide to take my wife with me.I called ahead and the staff was sooooo friendly,I explained my situation and they were so accomidating, Tatiania booked us the best room in the b&b,what an amazing nighs sleep i got that night.while i was working my wife and children had pleanty to do,with the help of the very friendly staff my family planned there whole day around the hotel.I cannot say enough good things about the excellent staff and great room,they even put up an extra bed for the kids to sleep while we were shopping.highly reccomend this great place for anyone wanting a great place to stay and friendly people to talk to.

great job, see you next time i come out that way

• Liked — decor of the room,friengly staff
  • Disliked — did not get long enough time to enjoy everything
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled on business
West Orange, NJ
Reviewed July 28, 2007

Simply fantastic. Super close to the beach. Great - comfortable room. Fantastic hosts! Do book this inn! (Just stayed at the Laingdon this weekend - after staying at the Majestic two weekends prior - the Majestic is far superior!)

• Liked — Comfortable bed
  • Disliked — Back rooms have no view of the beach.
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
Nutley, New Jersey
Reviewed June 7, 2007

Having never vacationed in Ocean Grove; despite my wife and myself having been born, bred and profesionally occupied in the state of NJ for the entireites of our half century of lives: we were suddenly moved to pay a first visit to this historic community.
Equally unfamiliar with Ocean Grove's many sundry options of available accommodations where one may stay; we resorted to the internet and were subsequently linked to "The Majestic Hotel's website", and whose site contained immediate surface appeal for our intended purpses.
A follow-up call to The Majestic's most informative Valerie Hegarty was all it took to convince my wife and I that this B&B would serve as our temporary but personal residence during this debut visit. What a spledid choice!
A short block from Ocean Grove's beautiful beach: the first time visitor is immediately taken by this accommodations literal "Majestic" exterior apperance, hearkening back to the American victorian era.
No less impressive was The Majestic's interior upon entering for similarly aesthetic reasons. This 4 story B&B was immaculate throughout. Every room entered seemed to have just been professionally cleaned.
Our suite of rooms(bedroom, bath, sitting area and kitchenette) were plush. The bed that we slept in had to be the most comfortable bed that my wife and I shared in the past several years. All rooms were large and possessed both ornamental and functional natures.
The kitchenette was a special niceity for couples not wishing to dine out continuously for the length of one's vacation, as well as for writers such as myself who always apprecitate the presence of a strong kitchen table upon which to write.
The Majestic further features it's own opulent restaurant, an attached surf shop for those in need of beach equipment and a video library to help pass through rainy days.
The Majestic's public and private balconies afford serious readers with large comfortable locations and great elevated seaside vistas to better enhance the enjoyment of the particular book or periodical of that day.
Beach chairs provided freely by the B&B are functional backpacks which permit the beachgoer with ample and semisecurable storage space to place their necessary gear. Towels too are provided free of charge.
Lastly, a word about the Majestic's staff: No sooner had my wife and I stepped into the resorts lobby, then we were cheerfully greeted by Ms.Hegarty and instantly provided with and unsolicited room upgrade. She and her staff were ever accomodatting to our every need, whether expressed or unexpressed. Dining recommendations offered to us proved faultless.
As lifelong new terians: It is always a rare delight to discover "new" greystones in one's own backyard. The Majestic is such a pearl. At any price, it would be worth the stay. WIth premium rooms offered at under $200 with a daily continental breakfast: this resort's true treasure is yet increased.
The Majestic is given our highest of recommendations. Doubtless, we will be back

• Stayed June 2007
The Carriage House Bed & Breakfast
The Ocean View Inn
The Ocean View Inn
#7 of 19 in Ocean Grove

Been to The Majestic Hotel? Share your experiences!