The Majestic Hotel
Albatross Hotel(Ocean Grove)
$120
  • Free Internet
Empress Hotel(Asbury Park)(Great Value!)
$159
  • Breakfast included
The Asbury Hotel(Asbury Park)(Great Value!)
$235
Shawmont Hotel(Ocean Grove)
Hotel Tides(Asbury Park)
Hotels.com
  • Pool
All reviewscontinental breakfastthe penthouseb bwent above and beyonda real pleasureasbury parkmy sister and brother in lawroom numberrainy weatherroom was spotlessoff seasonbathroom floorsmall balconyhard boiled eggsthe jersey shoreocean blockfeel like family
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 10, 2013

I surprised my husband for his birthday with a night out here. We LOVED it!! It was so cozy and warm. We loved how close it was to the beach and local shops. The employee behind the counter was so helpful, he helped us find local attractions and places to visit.
We are currently trying to plan another trip to The Majestic Hotel for this year!!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I stayed here with my boyfriend last Septemeber. We stayed on a saturday night and it was very crowded in the town, beach and bed and breakfast. The Majestic is very modern for a B and B and has many amenities. We booked a contemporary room on the 3rd floor with a balcony. While the room was very small it was well appointed with a full sized bed with soft bedding, mini fridge, coffee maker and sweetners/creamers, wine glasses, ice bucket and opener. While there was no closet space (other than a small space above the mini fridge) there was a large dresser with a flat screen tv mounted to the wall. The bathroom was updated and very modern with robes and other bath amenities. The bathroom was honestly my favorite part of the entire room.
We had a large balcony with wicker chairs and table with a side view of the ocean. In my opinion it was very scenic of the town and surrounding hotels, B and B's and private homes, but it does not offer direct ocean views.
Pros: Modern updated furnishings and amenities
- on the first beach block
-semi-ocean views
- water/tea/and coffee in lobby throughout the day
Cons: Continental breakfast- This was one of the most disappointing breakfasts I had at any B and B. There was only one person refilling the food and clearing plates. Very limited selection of bagels, toast, fruit, cheeses, cereal and yogurt. most of the food was processed pre-packaged stuff and not fresh baked as you would expect for a B and B. Skip the breakfast and go into town it's much better.
-Customer service is lacking at this B and B. We only saw 2 employees: a front desk person and a maid. When we checked in we searched for about 10 mintues to find someone to check us in. We also had a groupon which entitled us to a fruit and cheese platter and sparkling wine. He seemed bothered by having to bring this to our room and asked us to wait in the lobby as he prepared it. Some 10 mintues later he gave us the food and room keys and directed us to our room by giving us directions and not helping us. This I found to be very strange and rude to paying guests. We were the only couple checking in at this point and he was not busy.
Overall I would not stay at this B and B again as the room was tiny, the breakfast did not have enough of a selection of cold food and the employees seemed less than interested in taking care of paying guests. If this trip was not gifted to us for our anniversary I would never have chosen this B and B due to reading other reviews.

Room Tip: Higher floors have an obstructed ocean view on the balcony.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank travelfan77
Reviewed February 23, 2013

I booked The Majestic through Hotels.com and was given a small - though adequate - room. I was disappointed because the pix of the rooms and views from the website were what enticed me in the first place. I went back downstairs and spoke with Jim, and for $50.00 a night more, I got the room of my dreams - with a view of the ocean and the lovely Victorians on Main Ave. I wish I could have stayed longer,

Room Tip: It's worth paying an extra $50 to get one of the front rooms!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 22, 2013

We went here with a Groupon, otherwise I would have been very disappointed if we had paid the full price for the room. The room itself was a fine size, like a small bedroom. I was not very happy with the cleanliness of the room, the bed skirt had an orangy stain on it and we found an old tissue stuffed in between the mattress and headboard. The tub also had stains on the bottom and the overall cleanliness of the room was just not what we usually expect. The wifi did not work in our room at all. Breakfast was not very impressive, just toast, fruit, yogurt, two cereals and hard boiled eggs with some juice. The town was very cute with a quaint main street, lots of nice little shops and a couple places to eat. The best plus I can say for the hotel is that the bed was amazingly comfortable and I had a great nights' sleep. The staff was also very nice. Also the location to the beach was good and the shops of Main Street are just down the block. However I do not think we would stay here again.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank J J
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Enjoyed a nice overnight here. Found hotel on Groupon and decided to give it a try. Everyone was friendly. We had a room in back ,on the second floor. Room was clean esp .bathroom. All rooms inc. a small fridge and microwave. Bed was very comfortable and bedding clean. Our room even had a small balcony with 2 chairs with a side view of the ocean. Hotel easy walk to everywhere and a few steps to the ocean. Visiting here did remind us of the super storm Sandy that did such damage to the beautiful Jersey shore. Except for the boardwalk, that was washed away, the town seemed to have suffered little damage compared to other areas we have seen. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms are newer in back of house on the first and second floor. Updated and modern decor.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple