My wife and I stayed here recently, and we thought it was really great. The owners, Kathi and Phil, are both very nice and helpful. Breakfast was delicious--a different quiche each day, and some other tasty options, including some fantastic croissants. We stayed in room 8, which has a queen sized bed, a small sitting area, fireplace, and private bathroom. The TV had pretty much all the premium cable channels--HBO, Showtime, Cinemax, Starz, etc.--so we were able to catch up on all the Dexter episodes on Showtime that we've been missing up in NYC due to the Time Warner/CBS dispute.
The Carriage House is two blocks from the beach, and they have beach chairs, boogie boards, umbrellas, and towels that can be borrowed for the day. They also sell reduced price beach passes for $5 instead of the $8 that you pay at the beach. A very quiet, relaxing place for a vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This is my beautiful Victorian dream. It has 8 rooms of which 4 have ocean views, 2 have balconies and 5 have fireplaces. I make gourmet buffet breakfasts with a healthy twist. Gluten free and vegetarian dishes can be made upon request. Date balls are always available with tea or coffee. I make a killer quinoa crust veggie quiche. We are a block from the beach and 8 minute walk to Asbury Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your The Carriage House Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Carriage House Hotel Ocean Grove
- Carriage House Bed And Breakfast