“Ocean Grove's Gem”
Review of The Melrose

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ocean Grove
The Melrose
Ranked #4 of 19 Ocean Grove B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Dan and Randy made us feel at home the moment we arrived. The entire B&B is furnished with beautiful, whimsical antiques. Our room was cozy and romantic and we immediately felt ourselves relax. In addition to being a short walk to both Ocean Grove and Asbury Park beach/boardwalk, The Melrose is walking distance from the Asbury Park train station (just 2 hours from NYC Penn Station!), and also walking distance to downtown Asbury for great dinner/drinks/gelato. The cookies each night, fresh beach towels and discount beach passes were all special perks. Dan and Randy know everything about the town and are super helpful. We had a perfectly marvelous 4-day weekend and will definitely return!

Reviewed July 17, 2013

We had our first visit to "The Melrose" in Ocean Grove this past weekend. We found the accommodations and service to be very good. The location is very quiet and in walking distance to......everything. The proprietors are enthusiastically charming, adding their own personal spins to the business community, and in turn, making their establishment what all B&B's should be.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

My friends and I have stayed at the Melrose for at least 6 years (maybe more -- lost count). We stay over the Choir Festival Weekend. Randy has made my stay a welcoming one from the time I check in to the time I leave. it has been a delightful visit. The room were we stay is delightful and comfortable including the three windows facing the street -- not large but just right. The breakfasts are good and the surprise cookies after we come home in the evening are a real treat. Both Randy and Dan are always very helpful in anything we need. We also enjoy the porches on the second floor (where our room is). Great place to be able to just sit, read, and relax. The Melrose is centrally located and we are planning on returning again next year.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

My husband & I stumbled upon THE MELROSE & stayed for vacation. Randy & Dan are 2 of the nicest people we havwe ever met, They make you feel comfortable right away. We wanted to ewnew our marraige vows on the beach. Randy said "Sure I'm the mayor. Randy said some beautiful vows while Dan took pics,,It was a dream come true! THE MELROSE is a great place to stay, clean ,very private, discount beach passes,,great breakfast,cookies at night,and a bar b que for guests in July!!!They don't rush you out iif you want to stay longer.With a reasonable price, great location I love it there and have had repeat visits.Randy and Dan go the extra mile to make sure your stay is a great one!!.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

I've stayed at The Melrose for over 5 years and I can say it's almost perfect. The rooms though small are comfortable and clean. Randy and Dan are warm and inviting but not stifling like some B&B owners.For me most B&Bs make you feel like you're a guest in someone else's house but at the Melrose there is a casual comfort with plenty of privacy and freedom to come and go. Perhaps the best thing about the Melrose is it's location. It's an easy walk from the Asbury Park train station and is equally convenient to Ocean Grove and Asbury Park. I've tried 3 other places in Asbury Park which is where I spend most of my time but The Melrose is the the best for location and the best value.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

We've been staying at The Melrose for about 8 years or so now. Convenient location to attractions and restaurants in both Ocean Grove and Asbury Park. Comfortable rooms at reasonable rates. Randy is always warm and welcoming. Breakfast in the mornings and cookies late afternoon/early evening are added treats!

1  Thank Dennis G
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Went to Bridgefest at Ocean Grove and stayed at the Melrose B&B.
For the first time I was traveling alone, and leery about that. I called the owner beforehand to talk about this, and he was very reassuring that it was okay.
When I got there, I couldn’t believe how comfortable it felt, he made me feel
like I was staying with family. The owner, Randy, was exceptionally nice and understanding. The place was clean, and the bed - very comfortable. I have never been able to sleep when away…here was the opposite, I slept great!!!!
My room was very clean. Would have nothing negative at all to say about this
establishment. Loved the touch of homemade cookies for evening snacks.
Would definitely go back to the Melrose.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
The Carriage House Bed & Breakfast
The Ocean Plaza Hotel
The Ocean Plaza Hotel
#3 of 19 in Ocean Grove

Been to The Melrose? Share your experiences!