The Melrose
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Empress Hotel(Asbury Park)(Great Value!)
$259
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
The Asbury Hotel(Asbury Park)(Great Value!)
$125
$55
$89
Shawmont Hotel(Ocean Grove)
Albatross Hotel(Ocean Grove)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Free Internet
All reviewscookiesevery eveningasbury parkb bclean towelsfresh beach towelsold friendsbed breakfastfeel at homestone ponyeach morningrandyhostantiquesoceanblockstories
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 16, 2013

My husband & I stumbled upon THE MELROSE & stayed for vacation. Randy & Dan are 2 of the nicest people we havwe ever met, They make you feel comfortable right away. We wanted to ewnew our marraige vows on the beach. Randy said "Sure I'm the mayor. Randy said some beautiful vows while Dan took pics,,It was a dream come true! THE MELROSE is a great place to stay, clean ,very private, discount beach passes,,great breakfast,cookies at night,and a bar b que for guests in July!!!They don't rush you out iif you want to stay longer.With a reasonable price, great location I love it there and have had repeat visits.Randy and Dan go the extra mile to make sure your stay is a great one!!.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I've stayed at The Melrose for over 5 years and I can say it's almost perfect. The rooms though small are comfortable and clean. Randy and Dan are warm and inviting but not stifling like some B&B owners.For me most B&Bs make you feel like you're a guest in someone else's house but at the Melrose there is a casual comfort with plenty of privacy and freedom to come and go. Perhaps the best thing about the Melrose is it's location. It's an easy walk from the Asbury Park train station and is equally convenient to Ocean Grove and Asbury Park. I've tried 3 other places in Asbury Park which is where I spend most of my time but The Melrose is the the best for location and the best value.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We've been staying at The Melrose for about 8 years or so now. Convenient location to attractions and restaurants in both Ocean Grove and Asbury Park. Comfortable rooms at reasonable rates. Randy is always warm and welcoming. Breakfast in the mornings and cookies late afternoon/early evening are added treats!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Dennis G
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Went to Bridgefest at Ocean Grove and stayed at the Melrose B&B.
For the first time I was traveling alone, and leery about that. I called the owner beforehand to talk about this, and he was very reassuring that it was okay.
When I got there, I couldn’t believe how comfortable it felt, he made me feel
like I was staying with family. The owner, Randy, was exceptionally nice and understanding. The place was clean, and the bed - very comfortable. I have never been able to sleep when away…here was the opposite, I slept great!!!!
My room was very clean. Would have nothing negative at all to say about this
establishment. Loved the touch of homemade cookies for evening snacks.
Would definitely go back to the Melrose.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank CAROL R
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Having stayed for years at proprietor Randy's Ocean Grove B&B, I have nothing but lovely commentary for the quaint, gay establishment, in every sense of the word -- quite happy, beautifully hosted, great breakfast, an EASY walk to the beach, and rooms that smack of the Grove's history. And the afternoon special delivery cookies are delightful.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends