“It Earned a Second Chance”

SeaGrass Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 22 Restaurants in Ocean Grove
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Manasquan. NJ
“It Earned a Second Chance”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We first visited SeaGrass on a busy Saturday evening mid-September with a group of 12 prior to a concert at the Great Auditorium. While many of us found our entrees excellent, one of our English visitors ordered the Long Island Crispy 1/2 Duck which our server noted was her favorite on the menu. He got "tough duck." Rather than submit a review with that title, four of us returned last Saturday to uniformly excellent entrees (the monkfish special, the lobster BLT and filet mignon). I've had monkfish at several restaurants and the SeaGrass preparation was the best I've ever had. Service was attentive during both visits. Added bonus, it's a BYO.

• Visited October 2013

“Pleasant experience.”
Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

The atmosphere is pleasant. The restaurant is clean and the waiters are friendly, The presentation of the food is good and the taste is good. Be ready to spend a little by the shore at the end of your beach day.

• Visited July 2013
Staten Island, New York
“Amazing”
Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

I went there with my wife and three adult sons for dinner. The food ranged from very good to great. Service was spot on. All requests were done perfectly. Desserts were very good. Mahimahi flavor was unique. We were talking about when we were going there again. Three of us do not eat shellfish or meat so the menu is limited for us. Overall a better experience than legal sea food. BYOB.

New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Seafood in the Heart of Ocean Grove”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

This is a go-to place. for great cooking. Try the fried oysters for an appetizer and the duck or mahi-mahi as your main. Great place before a concert at the Auditorium. Unfortunately, they don't take reservations and summertime waits can be long.

Visited September 2013
Putnam Valley, New York
“Yum!”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

The caesar salad is probably the best I ever had. I also had a wonderful calamari appetizer. The salad was so good that on my return visit, I only ordered it. I'm sure the rest of the menu is just as good. And the service was swell.

Visited June 2013