“A Wonderful Lunch”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Jackson, New Jersey
“A Wonderful Lunch”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Four of us stopped at SeaGrass for lunch. They do not accept reservations during the high season (up to Labor Day). I was astonished at the quality of the food. My wife and her friend shared the deep fried oyster appetizer and they said it was wonderful. The two men had a bowl of New England Clam Chowdah (as they spell it). It was wonderfully full of clams and tasted great except that both of us had to send it back because it was not hot enough and it still came back not hot enough, but excellent. For their main course the two women had lobster salad BLT sandwiches which were packed with lobster and superb. One of us had a crab cake sandwich which he enjoyed very much and I had what was possibly the best tilapia I have ever had. It was grilled and served on a bed of arugula and fennel with sliced cooked fresh mushrooms. The dish was great but for some tastes may have had too much oil (or butter). I had coffee with the meal and unfortunately there was a very great delay in getting a final refill - perhaps because lunch hour was over and the staff was not yet prepared for dinner. Overall, I would recommend this restaurant very highly. Prices for the main course dishes were 12 - 15 dollars and the portions were more than adequate. Appetizers were appropriately priced. The service was good but not great.

• Visited September 2013

Fair Lawn, New Jersey, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Pretty but Bland”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Very close sitting. Excellent service and food presentation ! Unfortunately the food was very bland. They undercooked the fiet mignon. It was extremely rare instead of medium . Otherwise a very pretty and friendly place.

1 Thank Booinca M
Bloomsbury, New Jersey
“Seafood Pasta”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

The seafood pasta was awesome and the chocolate lava cake was killer! Service was very good and we love the fish tank.

Highland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Mahi Mahi”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

My fish was succulent and delicious.
My husband asked for his salmon well done and it was.
The service was great not too much not too little.

Visited August 2013
“New York style in ocean grove”
Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

Classy restaurant. We took my mom to her favorite ocean grove restaurant for her birthday we had appetizers of mussels, calamari and the baby spinach warm pancetta salad. All delicious. Entrees were crispy duck which my daughter said was one of the best ducks she has ever had, black angus steak and salad for my husband son and mom. All were quite pleased and I had the cod special. Very good. A surprise desert came for my mom because the waitress overheard us say it was moms birthday. Nice touch! This was our second visit. We will be back.

• Visited August 2013