“So-So”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed September 10, 2009

I've had the recent pleasure of dining at Nagle's this summer. The reason I say so-so is due to the service. While this is not a "fine dining establishment" there are simple service rules that should be followed everywhere. Example, don't throw the menu's on the table when your seating your guests. Waitstaff should not be seated at tables "hanging out" when customers are present, lastly, does the staff really need to be texting & talking on their cell phones in full view of diners? Just a few things the owner might want to address. Otherwise the food is decent, reasonable.

3  Thank NyChickie

Reviewed August 21, 2009

I think that Nagle's is OK. I would consider what they serve "diner/luncheonette" food. I have had good breakfasts and bad (worst French Toast I've every had). Dinner/lunch was good, comfort style food. The ice cream is good, be prepared for a long line and the spinkles/jimmies are free!

2  Thank DAKC
Reviewed August 19, 2009

Nagle's is located just 2 blocks from the beach in Ocean Grove on Main Street. The drug store/ice cream parlor has a history of over 100 years. Although the serve food (light fare) inside there is also outdoor prime people watching seating too. My experience was with the ice cream which was great. As someone who has to steer around sugar, I was happy to have a couple of Sugar-Free Low Fat ice cream options. When we stopped by, we saw a line nearly a block long at the window service. We figured, "what the heck" and it took less than 10 minutes to have our ice cream in hand. You order and pay a the first window and pick up at the second. IMPORTANT....if you're used to paying with plastic, make sure your order is $10 or more. Cash only under $10. Here's a funny one, though. My wife's sundae and my double dip ice cream totaled eight dollars and change. We told the cashier to give herself a $2 tip. Confused but happy, we completed our $10+ purchase. Really a charming place to enjoy.

1  Thank RoadTripper516