“Server required training and rolls couldn't be cut with a steak knife!”
Review of Bia

Bia
Ranked #12 of 22 Restaurants in Ocean Grove
Cuisines: European
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed July 27, 2010

We stayed at the Majestic Hotel and Bia is located within the building so we had lunch there twice. Unfortunately we had the same young, untrained taciturn server both times. We had to ask for silverware (both times) and straws, which he said they didn't have (both times)! As we were leaving the restaurant on the second day I saw another server bringing his table iced tea with, yes, straws! The first time I ordered a burger and the roll was so hard that I couldn't take a bite or chew it. The second time i ordered a crab cake sandwich. I asked him if I could have it with a different roll and he assured me that I could - yet, out it came with the same inedible roll. We also ordered a cheese plate for the table, he brought it out but no one had plates to put their portions on! All in all a very frustrating experience!

1  Thank sevensmom

Reviewed July 3, 2010

This a cute small restaurant connected to a Bed and Breakfast. The food was delicious, innovative, and well prepared. We stayed in Ocean Grove for many meals, and this was the only upscale location and the most delicious food in town. It was a breath of fresh air and very good. We had the barbecue chicken and the scallops wrapped in bacon. Both were rather simple dishes prepared impeccably well with great taste. Next time we are in town, we will be sure to be back. They were also very accommodating with food allergies.

1  Thank DynamicDuo22
Reviewed March 15, 2010

A little pricey and a small menu but worth it. Very quiet, close to the beach. It’s in a dry town so BYOB. You can eat on the porch, it’s actually located in a bed and breakfast. I had a peaceful and romantic experience. The staff is pretty good and had some great recommendations.

Reviewed January 26, 2010

I have eaten here 3 times. The food was always great. No matter who I have been with everyone loves their meal. The prices are high but for the quality of food that would be ok. the problem is that the portions are really tiny. I had scallops the last time for almost $30. There were only 4 scallops.

The service has ranged from great to horrible.

The location is great. During the summer I make sure to eat on the porch and people watch.

1  Thank img712
Reviewed December 26, 2009

We had Christmas Eve dinner at Bia. The chef prepared a fresh chicken consume with handmade tortellini and slivers of fresh squash. It was excellent. My dinner companion had the curry chicken, which he said was excellent. I had the crabcakes, which to my taste, were salty and overcooked. Dessert was very good - chocolate lava cake, and freshly made cannoli with pumkin cheesecake filling. Both were worth every calorie.This restaurant is located in Ocean Grove, NJ, a dry town. We brought our own wine and glasses were provided. Service was adequate, but not spectular. It was a holiday night, so this is not a complaint, just an observation. Would definitely return.