“Lovely visit”
Review of Shawmont Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ocean Grove
Shawmont Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Ocean Grove
Westchester County, NY
“Lovely visit”
Reviewed September 30, 2008

I wanted to get away for the weekend so I booked a room for 2 nights at the Shawmont in Ocean Grove, NJ. I had a very nice relaxing time. The hotel is right up by the ocean. My room was nice and clean and the staff was friendly and helpful. I prefer September at the beach - no crowds, less traffic, the rates go down and the parking is great. There is a boardwalk and you can also rent bikes. One of the nice things about Ocean Grove is you can walk to just about everything. I recommend it!

• Liked — The location
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Salem13

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Westboro, Ma
Reviewed September 29, 2008

The location of the hotel was wonderful. The property sits right across from the ocean.. The view is superb you can have fun just people watching. One issue I had with this hotel was that at breakfast there is only one small round table in front of a window. There is no other spot in the two living rooms to sit down and eat at a table. There are couches and chairs and some cocktail tables but if you come with a group it is difficult to sit and eat your breakfast. They used paper cups which I do not prefer when I am visiting an Inn. I like to see porcelain or glassware when I am enjoying a cup of coffee. Also, what I found at this Inn is that the sound level in the living room seems to disturb the Innkeeper. She made note to keep our voices down while we were conversing with other guests. One of the enjoyments of an Inn is the ability to meet other people from other parts of the country or perhaps the world. I have never come across such rudeness from an innkeeper. Unfortunately, in this Inn silence is Golden, a library would be a livelier place to visit.

• Liked — The view
  • Disliked — The service and the Innkeeper
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with friends
The Ocean Plaza
The Ocean Plaza
#3 of 19 in Ocean Grove
The Carriage House Bed & Breakfast

Been to Shawmont Hotel? Share your experiences!