“Awful Experience - Avoid this place” 1 of 5 bubbles

Add it.
Yolanda's River House
Ranked #3 of 3 Restaurants in Ocean Gate
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: This is a recently opened restaurant that we visited a week ago. The website provides good information.
“Awful Experience - Avoid this place”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2012 via mobile

Never read the other reviews first - shame on me. The place was empty (almost) when we visited. Nobody to greet us, and downhill from there. Bar was a disaster in terms of service, but better than the clueless wait staff. The food was bad beyond words when it finally arrived. Forget about ordering drinks, it would have been quicker to brew. To top it off the owner was as rude a man as I ever met in a service industry. Run away...

South Amboy, New Jersey
“Don't waste your money”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2012

I had a horrible dining experence and after talking to the manager who thanked me for telling him , I was told that the owner would call me. HA. My wife and I entered the restaurant about 5:45 PM on a Sat... and there was no one to greet us. One waitress was in the bar hanging out with the customers and it took about 3 min. for a waitress to show up. I ordered a house special River house pasta. It was to have chicken, sausage, red peppers..The smoked chicken was so oversmoked and the only sausage I could find were thinly sliced aspirin sized pieces. The red peppers were so overcooked that they were mush. The couple next to us ordered drinks that never showed up. I heard a man ask what the " specials" were that night and after the waiter returned from the kitchen he was told that the chef did not figure them out yet. It was about 6:30 on a Saturday night. In any case don't waste your time or money here. Much better places to eat nearby down the road a little,

3 Thank Gary F
Bayville, New Jersey
“Such a shame.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2012

Went there last month, anticipating great things! My husband and I have a second home in Bayville, and are always looking for a good restaurant in the area. The food was mostly good!!!, good value for the money. Alcohol prices were reasonable, and the recent renovations were a step in the right direction, although the bar decor was terrible. BUT the service was slow slow slow, and though the waitress was pleasant, she didn't even know what kinds of beer they had on tap! (they had three). There were two dessert forks in my setup, and we had to ask for water 3 times You get the picture. Still, we would have been happy to go back and give it another try.

Then we encountered the owner on the way out. She rushed over, I guess expecting accolades. We told her that while the food was good! (enough), the place needed fine tuning. (We really wanted this place to succeed!!!) On hearing constructive criticism, this woman became arrogant and abrasive!! Did we KNOW how much money they have sunk into this place, did we KNOW that she she has several successful restaurants???? The real question is, Do we CARE???

Never again.

• Visited July 2012
2 Thank jjalhome
Manchester Township, New Jersey
“First visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2012

I am reading the reviews and am wondering what restaurant theses people had gone to. My husband and I went for the first time on Saturday evening for dinner. The service was fantastic! The food was excellent and we are recommending this restaurant to friends and family. We do also intend to vist there again!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Betty G
White Plains, New York
“This place is not managed well.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2012

Been here when it was Ocean Gate house, the service and food was much better then. New owner re-decorated the place, but that only goes so far. This place has obvious management issues. There is never much of a crowd in the dining room, which says something about it. Now I know why after visiting it under new management. Messed up dinner orders, and where are my drinks?! Took only 30 minutes to get a beer. Didn't seem to me like the bartender was that busy. In any case don't waste your time or money here. Much better places to eat nearby down the road a little, (i.e. Martell's).

3 Thank Diertch