The Flanders Hotel
$195
Biscayne Suites(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
$139
Coral Sands(Ocean City)
$49
Hotels.com
Ocean 7(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
$80
  • Pool
Port-O-Call Hotel(Ocean City)
$203
Hotels.com
Ocean Front Motel(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
$69
Travelocity
$75
Travelocity
Beach Club Hotel(Ocean City)
Zenneth Manor Inn(Ocean City)
All reviewsemily's restaurantbeautiful hotelbedroom suiteoff seasonthe penthouseocean frontnew jerseyevery summerwe've stayedbeach tagsweddingballroomboardwalkkitchenettehousekeepingcondodishwasher
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 2, 2009

This was only our 2nd stay at the Flanders, but it won't be our last. The 1BR suite was perfect for our family of 5 on a weekend trip. The room (as well as the entire hotel) was very clean & comfortable. The staff was attentive & polite. IMHO, the location is the best in all of Ocean City & my kids love being so close to the amusement park & boardwalk. It's the only place we'll stay from now on!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 9, 2009

I recently visted the Flanders Hotel in Ocean City NJ and it was very beautiful in and out, I was over joyed. Although I did not stay a night i really enjoy the fact that they allowed me and my Brother to walk around a bit. I had my camera in hand and I took some really nice pictures of the lobby and the second floor which is the ballroom. So totally beautiful!! I fell in love with the place. I took some pics of the ballroom also. I also heard the rumors about a lady in white, or something like that walks the halls there. So when i got home I looked at the pictures I had taken of the ballroom and discovered that I had caught something that REALLY looks like a woman in a white gown. I have the picture to prove it. If anyone is interested in seeing it I will gladly email it to you.

I do plan on stay at the Flanders Hotel in a few months when it is not as high in price. Everyone there was so friendly and helpful!

[--]
Janet

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed June 2, 2009

Awesome 1bdrm suite on 6th floor overlooking boardwalk and ocean w/ kitchen and full amenities. Pull out sofa and chair in LivRm. Very comfortable, stayed early in season so amusement park noise was minimal. Beautiful view. Reminded me of similar family suites at Walt Disney World (but no washer & dryer). Tasetfully decorated, made us feel very much at home; wished we could have stayed longer. Our first trip to New Jersey, went for a cousin's wedding also held at Flanders. Incredibly beautiful set-up for reception, but music was WAY TO LOUD (not Flanders fault). Didn't eat at hotel restaurant, so can't comment on that. Bathroom did need a new shower head though.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed May 10, 2009

My family and I recently stayed at the Flanders to attend my cousins wedding. We were all pleasantly surprised at how much this place has evolved over the years. The wedding reception was amazing and the food was far more superior than your typical wedding fare. The rooms most of us had were actually 2 room suites with kitchens, and everything in the room was comfortable and clean. My Aunt & Uncle had a penthouse suite with a great view of Ocean City. We have stayed at a few other hotels in Ocean City over the years, and this by far is my favorite. The only complaint I had was that there was no bellman on duty when we checked in, but all in all, this was an excellent hotel. I would say the best thing about this hotel was the service, everyone who waited on us & the people at the front desk were very pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed: April 2009
Reviewed April 13, 2009

I made reservations w/ a very lovely woman named Colleen. She told me I booked the last 2BR room ocean front for Sat. night on the 5th floor. She told me that the next step up was 500something a night and had a 2nite min stay, she said she would email my husband w/ the confirmation details. However, she never did but when we got there they said,"Oh, we have given you an upgraded room". When I found out it was on the 2nd floor and questioned how this was an upgrade she said, "Oh it is brand new, granite counter tops, hardwood floors..." When we went to ck it out , we passed what looked like a wedding reception being set up on the 2nd level for that night which was in ear shoot of our room. The room was beautiful, w/ fresh tasteful decor, but very sm. You could just barely walk around the beds in the rooms, and to open the sleep sofa would require moving furniture, very tight for our 20 and 18yo sons. The worst part was the widow overlooked a parking lot! I returned to the desk a little excited stating that we were expecting ocean front, she then sent us up 2 floors to a room that overlooked the rollercoaster frame in the kitchen window, the 2 sm windows over looking the ocean were diry w/ salt deposits, and could only view the water while standing vs sitting on the sofa. Flanders in my opinion would do better putting in new windows in the ocean front rooms vs sinking all that money into rooms that over look the parking lot. By this time I was even more excited when I returned to the desk. I asked for a manager, who promptly appeared from the back. The first words out of her mouth were, "First of all, lower your voice I could hear you from 2 rooms back" She was a red head who must have elementry school age kids, as she took this approach. I said I felt as though I were down graded not upgraded. She said that new rm was an upgrade from our $261/night rm and that my choices were either of the two rooms I had just seen or I could leave. She said that the owners of that 5th floor unit took it off for easter and that they never promise rooms to any one. I questioned what kind of customer svc was this? and that I would be sure to tell my friends @ work. She didn't care, she only made things worse. The first woman who I was dealing w/ should be promoted, because at this time she felt my pain, and kept a sense of humor when I said I wanted to go UP not down. She then offered for us to ck out a 1br room ocean front on the 8th floor and offered to get a cot for our other son. However after viewing the room w/ a flat low mattress and only 3 pillows in the masterbed, we made a quick phone call to Watson's, they had a suite room available, a pool and hot tub for just $144/night. I thanked the original woman at the desk but told her we decided not to stay. I apologized for giving her a hard time, she was very understanding and quickly credited my card. If I were the manager, the first thing I would have done would be apologize to the customer that they were upset and that there was a misunderstanding. Secondly, in my opinion a true upgrade would have been one of the rms that require a two night stay for the same price. Hopefully, my comments will help someone in the chain of commands realize that they are not the only show in town, the customer is always right, and this will keep such an historic hotel from going out of business.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family