The Flanders Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Ebb Tide Suites(Ocean City)
View Hotel
Impala Island Inn(Ocean City)
View Hotel
Wild Dunes Inn(Ocean City)
View Hotel
Ocean Manor Hotel(Ocean City)
View Hotel
Seaport Inn Motel(Ocean City)
View Hotel
Beach Club Suites(Ocean City)
Glen-Nor Hotel(Ocean City)
View Hotel
Beach Club Hotel(Ocean City)
View Hotel
All reviewsemily's restaurantbeautiful hotelbedroom suiteoff seasonthe penthouseocean frontnew jerseyevery summerwe've stayedbeach tagsweddingballroomboardwalkkitchenettehousekeepingcondodishwasher
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Nestled right on the Boardwalk with great ocean views this charmer exudes old world elegance from days gone by. Grand ballrooms, sweeping staircases, old paintings and of course, a local ghost!. Granted there have been modern conversions of the rooms, to the good; but the public spaces have been for the most part left alone. The one thing I miss most from my childhood is the massive swimming pool which used to be right in front of the hotel, on the boardwalk. This was a magical place that has been transformed into a cheesy amusement park and food court. There is a small pool but it has no view and is rather dreary.
However the pro's well outweigh the con's and I would stay her again in a heartbeat!!

Room Tip: ocean view of course
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Dorothy D, Front Office Manager at The Flanders Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2013

Thank you for staying with us and for writing a review. We are happy to hear you enjoyed the grand history of our hotel and the modern conveniences of our renovated rooms. The salt water pools must have been something to see and enjoy so many people stop and share memories about the fun they had swimming in them. Sadly back in 1978 they made the decision to close them. We are happy to hear you will stay again and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

For many years I would see the beautiful Flander's Hotel from the 9th Street Bridge, or a closer view from the Ocean City Boardwalk, and I always wondered what it would be like to stay there overnight. Three years ago I booked my first overnight stay at the Flander's, and it was like a dream come true. The rooms are clean and comfortable with beautiful bed and bathroom linens. During my stays I eat at least one meal a day at Emily's. The food is always beautifully prepared and fresh, even during the off seaon, the food is delicious. I also enjoy the stores in the Flander's. From a forgotten essential to a baby gift, antiques. holiday decor, jewelry, you name it, they have it and at a good price. And finally, just the pure enjoyment of staying at this wonderful hotel with all of it's history and the warmth and care of it's devoted staff. For almost a century this hotel has lured generations of discerning travelers from all over the world. The Flander's is truly an amazing destination for the Jersey shore.

Room Tip: I have stayed in the Lanai suites, penthouse suites, and most recently a promenade suite. I loved them all but if I had to choose, I think that I would pick a promenade suite. It's very quiet, but close to everything.
1  Thank Patricia B

Thank you for staying with us and for writing such a wonderful review. We are always pleased to hear how much our guests enjoy the hotel, restaurant and history of the Flanders. We are so glad you enjoy shopping in the Shoppes, they have such a variety of unique gifts. We look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

My family and I have been coming here for the last 3 or 4 years. I have an elderly grandmother with some severe health issues who has a hard time getting around so the location is perfect for having her attend vacation with us. I have never had a problem with the cleanliness of the rooms albeit sometimes a bit cramped in some of the suites but with 5 adult guests that is to be expected. The staff has always been helpful and curtious even with the 1-2 teenagers that are sometimes with us. One year we had a broken bath plug and after alerting the staff within 15 minutes we were provided a new one. And the few other minor issues we have had there they did the best they could and were able to resolve all of them. My family and myself have all enjoyed ourselves there and the only bad part about our trip is when we have to leave to go home.

• Stayed: August 2012

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to review your stay. We are pleased to hear that you have been staying with us for so many years. Thank you for the kind words about our staff being courteous and prompt, we take pride in making our guest's stay comfortable and memorable. We look for to welcoming you again.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

Rooms are neat, clean, bright, and comfortable. It feels like home when I can open the windows and smell the sea air. Stayed a weekend in April, a wedding weekend, and the room and service were excellent. Location is wonderful, as it is located in the center of the boardwalk. Parking easy and spacious, not some cramped lot. Lots of room with the separate living and bedroom space. The kitchenette is so nice - I have actually cooked a spaghetti dinner during our stay one time.

Room Tip: There is not a bad room - we have stayed in rooms on both the 9th and 3rd/4th floors, all excellent.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for staying at the Flanders Hotel and writing a review. We are a great location for weddings and special events, our location right on the boardwalk is a big plus. Thank you for mentioning parking, we do offer free parking when you stay at our hotel so you can park your car and walk to almost everything. We look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

Staying at the Flanders has always been a wish. Suprisingly, using my AARP discount it was not out of my price range. I was extremely happy with my decision to stay the weekend in mid April. Everything was very clean and comfortable. The period touches were a joy. I was happy to see that one bedroom suite was more like a small apartment and will definitely want to take advantage of the accomodations for a longer period of time. The staff was courteous and efficient. We enjoyed our breakfast and lunch at Emilys Restaurant very much.

1  Thank Therese L

Thank you for staying with us and for writing a review. Our staff takes pride in providing clean and comfortable rooms. The Flanders is an all suites condo-hotel so every room gives you the feeling of a home away from home. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed Emily's Ocean Room. We will be offering dinners in season and some specials, Prime Rib Night and Seafood Night in July and August. We look forward welcoming you back soon.