“Port O Call Strive for Perfection”
Review of Port-O-Call Hotel

Port-O-Call Hotel
Ranked #3 of 31 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed July 14, 2014

Stayed here with family for one night on last minuet notice in July 2014. This was our first time in Ocean City. Normally we try to stay in the Point Pleasant, Sea Side, LBI or Wildwood area's so we know what Jersey Shore hotels are about and what to expect. The Port O Call was a very pleasant surprise.

We were able to check in early for our stay, but the hotel also allows the use of their facilities before check in and the day of check out for the entire day. Every aspect of the Port O Call is clean & up to date. The lobby, restaurant & pool area's were spotless and inviting. The staff is very courteous and helpful, even opening up the gift shop for us after hours. Rooms are clean and looked just like the photo's on the website. Location is perfect. They even had turn down service with juice boxes for the kids. You will not get the normal rusty, sandy, sticky vibe or attitude associated with most Jersey shore hotels.

If I had to mention a shortcoming would only be that the bathrooms and elevators are a little on the small side but still up to date and clean. It seems everyone at the Port O Call strives for perfection and it shows. We will certainly be back.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank 33,333
GlennLosch, General Manager at Port-O-Call Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2014

Dear Guest,

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Port-O-Call, especially since this was your first experience in Ocean City. It is always our goal not just to meet our guest’s expectations but also to exceed them.

Thank you so much for sharing your experience and we hope this will be the first of many visits to our hotel.

Reviewed July 13, 2014

I've stayed at the Port-O-Call Hotel several times and it's a very nice, well-kept property. The hotel is close enough to the action of the boardwalk yet far enough away from some quiet privacy. The staff is extremely accommodating. The rooms are clean and well maintained. The pool area is nice and clean and has new, soft cool-decking as of summer 2014.

1  Thank Fred R

Dear Fred,

Thank you for your review and thank you for continuing to allow us the opportunity to host you and your family year after year. We strive to be the best in OC and we appreciate the fact that our guests have noticed the many upgrades we do each year. I hope you enjoyed our new luxurious and upgraded bedding. The new pool decking material has been a huge hit with our guests.

We look forward to seeing you during you next stay with us!

Reviewed June 23, 2014

We have stayed at the Port O Call Hotel for several years and I can't say enough good things about it. The staff is extremely accommodating. The rooms are clean and well kept. Pool area is nice and clean. Everything is taken care of so that you can enjoy your trip! The biggest plus is it is conveniently located near the beach and boardwalk. If you are looking for a hotel to stay in Ocean City, I would highly recommend the Port O Call Hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Linda T
GlennLosch, General Manager at Port-O-Call Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2014

Dear Linda,

Thank you for excellent review and for mentioning how well kept the Port-O-Call is. Our owners take great pride in this hotel and it truly shows. We are always updating and modernizing in an effort to offer the best accommodations available in Ocean City and I think we are pretty close to achieving that goal. Our housekeeping department does an amazing job of keeping the rooms and surrounding areas clean and neat.

Thanks for being such loyal customers and thanks for sharing your insight.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

I grew up going to Ocean City and fondly remember the Port-o-call for their brunches we used to go to with my family when I was a kid. I decided to take my own family down for a weekend and stay here and we were not at all disappointed. It appeared that the port-o-call only hires incredibly friendly people to work there as we were extremely impressed with the service level of the staff. They all seemingly went out of their way with a smile as the norm. Our room was exceptionally clean and the view was amazing out on to the ocean. In room Keurig coffee and they left a juice box and cookies for our son each night. Providing beach tags is a nice perk but extending the use of them the entire check in and check out days was a nice pleasant surprise as was the use of their facilities for showering and changing those days as well. We enjoyed our stay tremendously and will be back again.

Room Tip: The views overlooking the ocean are very good and worth the upgrade. the bay side is really a parki...
2  Thank Harry M

Dear Harry,

Wow, what an awesome review! Thanks from the management and staff for sharing your experience. I think it's wonderful that you have happy memories of the POC from you childhood and have now given your own kids great memories of the hotel. As a GM, I am so lucky to be surrounded by a wonderful staff who are a truly remarkable group of people.

I hope you make the Port-O-Call a family tradition for years to come.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

We go to this hotel every year because we love it so much. Under this general manager, the staff are incredibly friendly and do everything they can to make our visit a great experience. Housekeeping is the best of ANY hotel we have been in...that includes the Four Seasons! Everything is clean and it is children friendly. If you are thinking beach...Ocean City...think Port O Call! By the way, the Penthouse has the best view in Ocean City,!!!! Vail G.

Room Tip: Face that beautiful ocean and the clean beautiful pool!
1  Thank Vail G

Dear Vail,

It was so nice to see you again and I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. As long time guests we really appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you year after year.

Thanks again!

Reviewed June 22, 2014

We really enjoyed our stay at Port O Call. The rooms were very clean and the service was good. Honestly I think its probably one of the best hotels in OCNJ. The location was quiet yet we walked to everything on the boardwalk. I have seen a few say Beach Club is closer to rides and all and I agree but have to say the walk is such a short distance I would choice Port O Call again. The only issue we had was we had no idea there was a Resort Tax and Hotel Tax fee that was not stated on our bill when we made the reservations. Not that this would stop us from staying here again but I would have like to have known that when reservations were made on our email conformation. So let me just say all in all we loved our stay but kinda shocked when it was time to check out. One of the nicer hotels I have ever stayed at.

1  Thank jdfan

Dear Guest,

I and my staff wish to thank you so much for your wonderful review. Guest service and satisfaction are our #1 priority, so thanks again for sharing your experience. I would also like to apologize for our lack of communication regarding the resort fee when you made your reservation. Normally, the resort fee is explained during the reservation process so there are no surprises when checking out. I have brought this to the attention of my reservation agents as well as my front office manager so situations like this can be avoided in the future.

Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed June 18, 2014 via mobile

Can't say enough good things about this hotel! I Searched for a hotel that was on the beach & no place this nice will get you closer! The rooms are so clean - I expected some sand & such being on the beach but our room was spotless! The girl when we checked in was so nice & we were able to get our beach tags right away to enjoy the day even though our room wasn't ready (we were early). They also have a full changing area on the lower level for guests that are early or want to leave late after check out - this is a wonderful feature for families that want to get the most out of the day. The restaurant had delicious food! My husband wasn't a fan of his steak at breakfast but the waitress took care of it right away & was so nice. We enjoyed every minute & are already planning a trip back with more family that are visiting in the fall! Best place in Ocean City with such an amazing view!

Stayed: June 2014
GlennLosch, General Manager at Port-O-Call Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for such a wonderful review! I'm glad to hear that our wait staff member resolved your husband's issue in our restaurant to your satisfaction.

Thanks again, we look forward to your next visit with us.