“Wonderful hotel! Excellent family vacation!”
Review of Port-O-Call Hotel

Port-O-Call Hotel
Ranked #3 of 32 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed August 30, 2013

We just returned from a four-day trip to Ocean City, NJ, where we stayed at the Port-O-Call Hotel.

What a fantastic experience! The accommodations are exceptionally clean and comfortable, the service is friendly, and the beach location is wonderful.

I frequently travel for business (and when I am lucky, for leisure!) and tend to be exceptionally picky when it comes to hotels. Port-o-Call does NOT disappoint at all. It is immaculately clean by any standard (not just by "beach hotel standard"), and the little extras (turn down service, chocolates on the pillows, juice and cookies for the kids) are exceptional. The on-site restaurant is good for breakfast - not only from a cuisine perspective, but because they have a separate kids' room with the Wii, TV, and legos to keep the kids busy once they are finished eating. (Helps the adults linger a little bit longer over that very necessary first cup of coffee in the morning).

We opted to save money and get a "standard" room (not ocean view) and even though we looked out over the parking lot, the location was fine. It was not noisy or distracting to our sleep at all.

We will most definitely return to our "big pink hotel" next summer. Kudos to the management and staff for running such a top-notch operation. From the bellman who took our luggage on Day 1, to the waitress who kindly kept my husband's breakfast warm as he needed to leave to take a conference call for work, to the front desk clerks who answered all of our questions with a smile, everyone truly embodied the spirit of hospitality that makes the difference between a good and a great stay.

I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: We were on the fourth floor overlooking the parking lot and bay area in the distance. The location...
3  Thank Lisa F
There are newer reviews for Port-O-Call Hotel

Reviewed August 19, 2013

First trip to the Jersey Shore during the peak of summer (August) and our choice for hotel accommodations couldn't have been better. The Port-O-Call is literally right on the famous Ocean City Boardwalk. I liked the location, as it is just south of the main boardwalk area (which is 9th St) and away from the hustle bustle. . The beach access is very easy and the beaches south of the pier are a lot less crowded. The complimentary beach tags are nice too.

We tried the Pink Parrott restaurant inside the hotel and it was pricey but good. There was no wait, even on a Saturday. The hotel gives you 10% off coupons when you check-in. The crab sandwich was very good. It was baked (hard to find on the boardwalk) and it wasn't smothered with mayo.

Parking is a breeze. We were never steps from our vehicle.

I will definitely come back to Port-O-Call and I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor to get great views of the Shore from your balcony.
4  Thank TravelTruth
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Haven't been to the Port-O-Call in a couple of years but it's still a great place to stay. Had a spacious king coastline room with a great view of the ocean and spectacular views of the sun setting over the bay. Staff is friendly, and housekeeping did a great job keeping our room in great shape. Can't beat the location. Is the Port-O-Call expensive? Yes, but so is everything else in town. I don't get as many opportunities to get to the shore as I'd like, so when I'm there I want to be as close to the beach as possible. No better place for that than here.

2  Thank joevanney
Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

We are currently staying in a deluxe ocean front room and it is wonderful. The room is clean and well maintained and the view is great. Check in yesterday was great and we are staying for the week. We have stayed at the port o call numerous times over the years and the hotel never disappoints us with the hotel cleanliness the location and the staff. The only negative is the cost as I use the american exp platinum travel services to book many of my vacations and I can stay at a ritz carlton and recieve many ammenities for close to the same price and the port o call does not participate in the amex fine hotel and travel program. You get what you pay for and the port o call does give you a deluxe hotel expierience.

• Stayed: August 2013
4  Thank mrgoatee
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Recently stayed at the Port-O-Call for a one night stay over in Ocean City NJ. The parking was ample (tough in and of itself) and the reception (arrival and departure) went smoothly. The room was fine - but for the hefty price of $400+ a night, I had higher expectations. When we arrived, the in room safe was locked and we had to call for help. I guess the cleaning staff had to rush because we found a former tenant's coffee stirrer on the floor in one place and an empty plastic trash bag in another. The sliding door to the patio was not (and could not be I think) locked. They accept AARP and AAA - but not in season - which is to me is very much like not accepting them. Breakfast the next day was good and ample although it took quite a while to get our order placed. All in all, a nice place but the price for staying is pretty high.

6  Thank jeffreyjfred
Reviewed August 10, 2013

The weather couldn't have been any more beautiful for our spur of the moment get away to Ocean City. I've been going there since I was an infant so I may be slightly prejudiced to the area, but the Port-O-Call doesn't disappoint. The staff is friendly, the rooms are clean, and the views from the beach front balcony is gorgeous. People watch, ocean watch, or just enjoy the evening air outside. The only thing I could say is lacking is the restaurant....but at the Jersey shore there is always somewhere great to eat!

Room Tip: Go beach front!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lizzie814
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Port-O-Call is at an excellent beach location in Ocean City at the quieter, less crowded end of the boardwalk. The Hotel and room are very clean, up-to-date decor, and service is prompt and friendly, including help with luggage, need for new iron, and assistance when we messed up with our in-room safe combination. Everything was comfortable. The view of the beach is spectacular. The convenience of the porch restaurant for a very good breakfast. Also good location for exercise in the morning. My friend was frustrated with the irregular wi-fi connection--I have an iPad with data plan, so I had no issue with this. I highly recommend the hotel and would choose it again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends