“Great location, friendly service.”

Pavilion Motor Lodge
Ranked #21 of 32 Hotels in Ocean City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Waterford, Connecticut
“Great location, friendly service.”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

We showed up in Ocean City late afternoon on Friday without a reservation. We didn't expect to get a room at all, so we were pleasantly surprised to find a room as close to the beach as this motel is. The lobby is small and cute and the staff was pleasant and helpful. We were assigned room 100, first floor by the road and next to the lobby. the room has two queen beds, a small table with two chairs, A dresser, a mini fridge and air conditioning. The room looks to have had some updates, such as new light fixtures, carpet and flat screen tv. The bathroom, beds, sheets and mattress were clean, but the blankets and bedspreads have seen better days. Tiny bathroom...tiny. There was no hair dryer in the room...bummer for me!

The pool is ok, looks clean but we didn't go in. The lounge chairs were dated.

The location for this hotel was ideal for us. Parking is free and very convenient. The boardwalk was a very short walk from the hotel.. maybe 4 minutes. Overall, this was a typical beach hotel. If you are spending your time at the each and boardwalk, the room will suit you fine for sleep and a shower.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank JDandkids

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 3, 2013

I recently stayed at the pavilion with my teenage daughter and her friend. We originally booked a room at the Ocean Breeze. It was a disaster. I walked into the Pavilion and explained our situation. They were more then willing to accommodate us. The room was spacious and very clean. I will definately be planning more weekend trips and the Pavilion will be the only place we will stay. The staff was awesome!

1 Thank kjmatteo310
Telford, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Visited here in July 2013 and was quite happy with our stay. You can tell that this was and older hotel that's why the rooms seem a little small but that did not bother us we only needed a place to sleep. The staff was uber friendly and the rooms were clean and well maintained. What I really loved was the gardens and sitting area outside of our rooms. There are decks and gardens with tables and a nice pool area. Who wants to sit in the room anyway.

This was my first visit to The Pavilion but I sure intend to stay again the next time we come to the shore.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank paddygo
Turnersville, New Jersey
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I am a single parent who decided to take my 15 year old daughter on a 3 day, 2 night vacation to the shore before the end of summer. ( What I can afford). I used booking,com to reserve 2 nights at sifting sands hotel. When we arrived there, the room was horrible and dirty. We left and found the Pavilion right up the street. We stopped in and spoke with the lady at the front desk who was very nice upon hearing our situation. She showed us a room before we booked. We got into our nice clean, comfortable room at 2 o'clock. Our room had a fridge, microwave and two double beds with a flat screen tv. It came with 2 beach tags and was one block to the beach! The room was extremely clean, comfortable and roomy! Thank God, we didn't stay where we originally booked, it would have been miserable.
I definitely would stay again and probably will next year.

3 Thank Anita D
Milan, Italy
Reviewed July 15, 2013

This hotel is nice. We stayed in 4 (parents and teenage kids). The room was clean, not fancy.
The swimming pool is very good and the fountain view room was very nice because we could use a sort of terrace with table and chairs (in common with all the other guests) to have lunch with take-away food. Coming from Europe with 4 suitcases, it was very hard to find space in our room to put our luggage, this was the only negative part; the sink was placed in the same room where we slept and not in the bathroom.
The board-walk/beach is at walking distance with all sorts of places to eat, shop and have fun. Free wi-fi worked just fine. Next to the hotel main office there's the Fresco restaurant that gives 10% discount to the Pavillon guests and that is just great for breakfast (waffles, eggs, cappuccino) and lunch/dinner: Mexican and Italian food was very good and abundant.

Room Tip: fountain view room was quiet and with a better wide view (see photo)
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank laSabry
Hatfield Pa
Reviewed July 8, 2013

The family that runs the Pavilion certainly worked very hard to maintain the property. So much was renovated including all new beds and carpet. The courtyard is absolutely beautiful; a hidden surprise from the street. I was able to take a peak in the apartments and they are gorgeous. New floors and beachy decor. As always everyone was so friendly and helpful and my family and I had a really relaxing stay. Everything was fresh and clean and my kids loved swimming in the pool. I love it here and will continue to stay at the Pavilion as long as it is here!

Room Tip: The rooms on third even side are my favorite and occassionaly I like the Fountain View 2nd floor by...
Green Features: They clean everything with Eco Lab products and clean the AC filters
2 Thank beach71
East York, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed July 7, 2013

My wife and two children booked an impromptu trip to Ocean City over the Fourth of July holiday. The motel was clean and provided everything we needed. We had a great view of the fireworks right the deck near our room. The pool was nice and location was close to everything. We did not move our vehicle the entire four days we were there. We stayed in room 815 on the fountain/courtyard side. The room was very small but I can't complain with the last minute reservation. This was away from the pool area which I though was nice. There is a roof top deck on this side the overlooks the street. Great people watching. We are already planning our next trip. Thanks the cleaning staff as well. They were courteous and friendly and even arranged my kids stuffed animals on their beds.

Room Tip: I would stay on the courtyard side as it seems quieter.
3 Thank Brian W