““GREAT PLACE TO STAY!””

Pavilion Motor Lodge
Ranked #18 of 31 Hotels in Ocean City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 5, 2012

After several years of going to Seaside Heights, I wanted to come back to Ocean City where I was brought as a kid. Years ago we stayed here so I thought why not try it again. The last time I had the fountainview. This time the pool view. I will most definitely stay here again. Everyone was just so nice, pleasant & helpful. Hoping to get back for the night in Venice. Thanks again for a nice vacation experience.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 21, 2012

I have been staying here now for over 20 years! Its an awesome place to stay! You get parking , pool, laundry and great prices too! This can't be beat!!!! and its beach block , plus the workers go out of there way to help ya, anytime day or night! The owners are awesome people, and its just a freindly , clean place to stay! This is the best bargain and funnest place to stay in Ocean City!!!!!! We love it here! tks Pavilion!

Room Tip: I like the fountain area when I do get a room, but there apartments across from the pool are awesome...
3  Thank Gypsytweet
Reviewed June 15, 2012

I stayed at the Pavilion for 3 nights, it was ok for my wife and I, the room i stayed in was actually small, I think it's a good place for husband & wife to stay. If you have more than 2 you can look into they're apartments that they have available, but if your looking for a classy hotel/motel in Ocean City area I wouldn't recommend the Pavilion.

Room Tip: Any rooms on Moorlyn ave will experience trash trucks, trucks backing to boardwalk at early morning...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bob D
Reviewed May 31, 2012

Stayed here the last few years and we liked the Foutainview area of the motel because it is quieter and about $15 less than the pool side rooms. But, boy were we surprised when we saw all the great renovations! They did a really BEAUTIFUL job re-doing the fountain and completely new pavers patio and beautiful landscaping!! Really relaxing to be around! see the pic!

Rooms all have a good size frig (not the tiny ones) and it was very clean. We asked for extra pillows - no problem. Its really close to the boardwalk and there is a day spa, ice cream shop and bike rental right across the street.

Bottom line - it's affordable, clean and the staff is very friendly. It was a great getaway!

Room Tip: Fountainview side is less expensive and really peaceful!
Reviewed May 15, 2012

We just returned home from another outstanding 3 night stay at the Pavilion Motor Lodge in OCNJ. We had fine weather, enjoyed the Board Walk, Beach and got a chance to do some fishing. The kids were in the pool and Ocean however the waters are far to cool yet to enjoy. We, my son and sister-in-law made reservations to come back for 5 nights in September. We are all staying on the ground floor and hopefully in the same rooms. Again we met some more fine folks while staying there. The rooms are clean, smell good, have unlimited hot water, very friendly staff and maid service. Ice is only 25 cents a bucket and this year WIFI is free. The room rates have gone up and there is a $20.00 a night additional charge for ground floor rooms. While checking TripAdviser for the ratings and rates of other Motels...I feel that The Pavilion still has the best bang for the $ with the location being a short block from the Music Pier/Board Walk/Beach. It is one heck of a town!
ocfishguy & Famiy
<')\\\\\><

Room Tip: We have always had a ground floor room when visiting. We favor being able to go out on the 'Vera...
1  Thank ocfishguy
Reviewed March 21, 2012

Stayed at the hotel several times over the years. Nothing to special about little breakfast restaurant. Tons of eateries within 10-15 minutes walking distance.
If you are planning a week at the shore look into renting one of the apartments they own on the next street. They are plain but have decent kitchens, one bath, 2 bedrooms.
Great for small families, boardwalk/beach 1 block away.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed December 14, 2011

This place is awful. I made an online reservation for 3 nights for June 2012 that I received a confirmation email for. I later received a call from Pavilion stating that the online rate that I booked was not correct and proceeded to tell me a new, higher rate for the dates I wanted to stay. I said that I would like to cancel the reservation and they said ok. A few minutes later I receive an email from Pavilion stating that the deposit was not charged to my credit card, but that I was going to be charged and $25 cancellation fee. Are you serious? I only cancelled because they would not honor their online rate, a rate that I was able to successfully book and received an confirmation number for. If they want to change their rates that is fine, but I should not be charged a cancellation fee for an error on their part.
I emailed them back and said I should absolutely not be charged the cancellation fee and to take it off and they have not gotten back to me. I contacted my credit card company and they even said that the cancellation fee is showing up on my card still.
This is some of the worst customer service I have ever experienced. I am disputing the charge with my credit card company and reported Pavilion to the Better Business Bureau. This company does not know how to treat people properly. Do not stay here.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
8  Thank M C
Management response:Responded July 10, 2012

The client was refunded efficiently and promptly. We have documentation. There is no justification for these remarks.