“Mother's Day Weekend At The Pavilion Motor Lodge”

Pavilion Motor Lodge
Ranked #20 of 32 Hotels in Ocean City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Gouldsboro, Pa
“Mother's Day Weekend At The Pavilion Motor Lodge”
Reviewed May 15, 2012

We just returned home from another outstanding 3 night stay at the Pavilion Motor Lodge in OCNJ. We had fine weather, enjoyed the Board Walk, Beach and got a chance to do some fishing. The kids were in the pool and Ocean however the waters are far to cool yet to enjoy. We, my son and sister-in-law made reservations to come back for 5 nights in September. We are all staying on the ground floor and hopefully in the same rooms. Again we met some more fine folks while staying there. The rooms are clean, smell good, have unlimited hot water, very friendly staff and maid service. Ice is only 25 cents a bucket and this year WIFI is free. The room rates have gone up and there is a $20.00 a night additional charge for ground floor rooms. While checking TripAdviser for the ratings and rates of other Motels...I feel that The Pavilion still has the best bang for the $ with the location being a short block from the Music Pier/Board Walk/Beach. It is one heck of a town!
ocfishguy & Famiy
<')\\\\\><

Room Tip: We have always had a ground floor room when visiting. We favor being able to go out on the 'Vera...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank ocfishguy

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Whitehall, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 21, 2012

Stayed at the hotel several times over the years. Nothing to special about little breakfast restaurant. Tons of eateries within 10-15 minutes walking distance.
If you are planning a week at the shore look into renting one of the apartments they own on the next street. They are plain but have decent kitchens, one bath, 2 bedrooms.
Great for small families, boardwalk/beach 1 block away.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
New York
Reviewed December 14, 2011

This place is awful. I made an online reservation for 3 nights for June 2012 that I received a confirmation email for. I later received a call from Pavilion stating that the online rate that I booked was not correct and proceeded to tell me a new, higher rate for the dates I wanted to stay. I said that I would like to cancel the reservation and they said ok. A few minutes later I receive an email from Pavilion stating that the deposit was not charged to my credit card, but that I was going to be charged and $25 cancellation fee. Are you serious? I only cancelled because they would not honor their online rate, a rate that I was able to successfully book and received an confirmation number for. If they want to change their rates that is fine, but I should not be charged a cancellation fee for an error on their part.
I emailed them back and said I should absolutely not be charged the cancellation fee and to take it off and they have not gotten back to me. I contacted my credit card company and they even said that the cancellation fee is showing up on my card still.
This is some of the worst customer service I have ever experienced. I am disputing the charge with my credit card company and reported Pavilion to the Better Business Bureau. This company does not know how to treat people properly. Do not stay here.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
8 Thank M C
, Manager at Pavilion Motor Lodge, responded to this review, July 10, 2012
The client was refunded efficiently and promptly. We have documentation. There is no justification for these remarks.

Travelers are raving about these Ocean City hotels

Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed October 10, 2011

For more than 12 years now we have stayed at the Pavilion for the Ocean City fall festival in October. We love it and wouldn't stay anywhere else. It's always very neat and clean. The entire staff is friendly and easy to work with. The owner is a delight and couldn't be nicer. You can tell she really takes pride in her establishment and it shows. To top it off they just renovated the rooms (new sinks, tubs, furniture, flat screen, refrigerator and beds). It has a nice little restaurant near the lobby. In the past it would close in September, but a nice added extra was that it was open this year. It made a big difference. You will not be disappointed staying at this hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms with pool view are a little larger than the rooms with the fountain view.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank krodder
Langley, B.C.
Reviewed October 3, 2011

This is not the Ritz, but an older motel in a great location. The staff was very friendly, the room a good size, the bed comfortable and a short walk to the boardwalk.

Room Tip: Corner suite, top floor - from the doorway we had a nice view of the water and the town.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank hazelson
Gouldsboro, Pa
Reviewed September 20, 2011

We've been staying here for years. And, over the years we have added additional family to our stay in OC at the Pavilion Motor Lodge. This year two additional families came along for Mother's Day and this past week...11 Sept to 17 Sept. The TEAM at the Pavilion are very friendly and accomodating. The facility is located one block from the Boardwalk, Music Pier, Beach and the Fishing Jetty is not far at all. This facility (with heated clean pool) and its staff has always been my standard of comparison. They are very busy at the peak of the season, lots of people all over the City, Beach and Boardwalk, We like going there in the preseason and the post season.You can't beat the overall location, convience and the price of their off season specials. We like the ground floor by the pool so we can sit on the 'Ver-anda' at night or whenever.
Semper Fi! Godspeed!

Room Tip: We like the ground floor by the pool so we can sit on the 'Ver-anda' at night or whenever.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank ocfishguy
Telford, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 9, 2011

Recently stayed for three nights after Labor Day solo when my wife was away on business. Clean room, friendly staff and housekeeping was excellent. They had a three night special which caught my attention after Labor Day mid-week and I just could not pass it up. Location was great but it was rainy for two of my three day stay. The frig did not work and I told them the day of my arrival and it was fixed and working by the time I had dinner on the Boardwalk. The hotel as reviewed was at little scary. People who reviewed the hotel on tripadvisor either "loved or hated" it, not much in between. I have to say it was a great value and exceeded anything I was expecting. I will be back again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo