“Won us over will be back next year”
Review of Ocean 7

and 1 more site!
Ocean 7
Ranked #5 of 32 Hotels in Ocean City
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Won us over will be back next year”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

We stayed here this past weekend for two nights, Staff at the front desk are great. They were all very helpful and professional as well as something that many csr's are not these days which is personable, it goes a long way.

Our room was great for the price, it had a refrigerator and small kitchenette with plates and cups and silverware. The bathroom was clean and everything was top notch in terms of being clean and well kept.

The location is great, its right next to the boardwalk but far enough away so that noise doesnt carry over from the amusement park etc.. You can walk to everything from here. The staff let us keep our car parked in their lot after checkout time so we didn't have to use a meter, very cool.

When we left the staff gave us a personalized (I have no idea how they did it) mug which was completely unexpected and very cool. We will be coming back next year :)

Room Tip: If you get a room on the pool side try to get one away from the pool gate on the 2nd floor because t...

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
SALEM, NJ
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Weekend family vacation. Have nothing negative to say about this place. Everyone was very nice and welcoming, rooms were clean, pool was great. Best of all it's Very close to the boardwalk/beach! Would recommend, and can't wait to visit again!

Room Tip: Had room 408 which was facing the Wonderland Castle and was beautiful to watch at night all lit up!
2 Thank VANESSA856935
Reading, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 11, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a last minute adventure before school started. My 6 year old and I stayed only one night, but were treated fantastic. check in wasnt until 3pm, however, our room was ready at 11 am and we were given access right away. there is a full coffee bar in the lobby, adn a coffee cup souvenir upon departure. the room included a kitchenette, and everything was very clean. i was pleased and i will stay there again for sure.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Skepple864
Stormville, New York
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Really 2.5 stars. Our rating is based mostly on this most recent stay with some consideration for 2 previous stays.

So this was our third stay here in 3 years. We go the same week every year. Our first year, we remember feeling that the room was good value for a beach "condo-tel"- clean, okay condition and we felt the staff was friendly enough. We booked what they call "the parents dream", an efficiency with a pull out couch in the front, walk through the kitchenette and a private bedroom with 2 double beds.

Year 2 found us strapped for cash but longing for a vacation so we downsized to a room with a day bed, trundle and king size bed. Bad choice. We could have tolerated the cramped room, we knew what we were getting into, but being near the utility/storage room and ice maker was not fun. The ice machine was leaking and left puddles in front of our door, housekeeping heaped bags of linens, garbage, carts in front of our door too- not pleasant. We never complained though and we should have. Some of the staff were/are not the most welcoming/approachable. I did comment, to someone I thought to be the manger, that one of the housekeepers who took care of our room was very nice, his response was not so nice. The best part of the room was the giant window and view of the waterpark- I could see my hubby and kids enjoying themselves on the slides!

Finally, this year we decided to get the parents dream again. The first time I called, the woman who answered sounded very busy and told me to call back the next day. When I called back to book, this next woman who answered the phone was informative but curt. Check in went okay. Just business, not a lot of pleasantries. We went to our room to discover it was in disrepair, mold was growing on the front curtains and the room itself not thoroughly cleaned. Another room was available, this one was missing most of the kitchen supplies, a third room was available. It was better than the first two and we settled in for some beach time. We paid the $5 fee for internet, it did not work most of the time but by then, I felt that I had already complained about the state of 2 rooms and did not want to turn into "that customer". I did have the "don't disturb" sign up and they cleaned our room anyway, they did a good job and even used the kids stuffed animals on the pillows but if I had known staff would have been in the room I would have put away my purse- to my knowledge nothing was taken but it was a little disarming.

When we checked out the manager was, I don't know how to explain his behavior other than to say it seemed a little off. I felt rushed, he spoke crazy fast, almost like he had drank way too much coffee. I got the feeling that I was taking him away from something else. That he was being bothered a little or interrupted, but there was not much else going on that I could see, although his attention was on the computer before I stepped to the counter, so who knows.

As we have done on stays previously, we forgot to have the kids pick out a treat from the treasure chest the night before. Usually this is not a problem, so I had my youngest ask for her treat during check out. Let's just say, we walked out with 3 children wearing long faces with tears welling and a long explanation about how sometimes (even on vacation) things do not always seem fair. Not really how I would have like for them to end a fun filled family vacation in America's Family Resort! I know the treasure chest is a "bonus"- I get that if it's busy you can't do it but there was another guy behind the desk just standing there- my kids would have waited a while for their "prize" had they asked them to. It was just sad and disappointing. I mean, they're little kids, come on. Kid's activities got a poor from my kids.

Pros: location (almost on the boards), price (in the off season), super heated pool (hot tub temps), staff (some are nice enough) great beaches, rides close by, personalized mugs for a stay of 5 nights or more, treasure chest (if you remember), beach tags, staff is knowledgeable of the area (if you can approach them), kid's potty seat

Cons: staff (some are cold/rude/swear in front of you), rooms are "individually owned" and not all are well maintained or updated, tiny bathroom in parent's dream room, dodgy internet that you have to pay for (they do give you a 15 min. free trial but it worked great for the 1st 15 minutes! ugh.)

This will be our last stay here for a while. Maybe it will improve over the next few years. Ocean City has a lot of condos and houses for rent, maybe not on the boards like Ocean 7 (there is a condo complex right across from them though) but who couldn't use a little more exercise?

Room Tip: parent's dream is okay but make sure you ask to look at the room before you pay.
2 Thank roseyday
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 31, 2013

I've read other reviews and I am not sure where they stayed, we've stayed there for years and always found cleanliness, hospitality, a great room. The location is great and staff is always there to help. WE love it.

Room Tip: stay in the rooms ending in 22
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Philaoz
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Horrible stay. Never ever again! Awful staff and facilities. Ac didn't work. Room was filthy, mold on the Ac, walls , bathroom was disgusting. Dirty bedding. There was even mold in the coffee maker! Not family friendly either. Elevator is junk and barely worked.

• Stayed August 2013
4 Thank carl1421
dickaub
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Have been going there annually for a number of years. Though the staff and service are great, we have noticed the overall cleanliness and condition of the building going down hill. The rooms are not as clean as they used to be when we moved in and there was odors in the bathroom. We wii probably give it one more try. Great location to the boardwalk and beach.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family