“Great place to stay!”

and 1 more site!
Ocean 7
Ranked #7 of 31 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed July 1, 2012

Walked into this hotel after a tiring day at the beach. Didn't intend to stay overnight at all. They were great at accommodating me and were very understandable with my budget. The room was great king size bed, my daughter had a twin that she slept like a queen in. Location cannot be beat, as it sits right at the foot of the boardwalk on 7th St. Staff was very helpful at all times, pool was nice with enough chairs in the area. Spacious parking and overall really clean! Definitely would go back, really liked my stay.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank IllWill78

Reviewed June 27, 2012

I really enjoyed this hotel. We stayed here for a night on an improptu vacation. We were upgraded to a larger room which was nice. This hotel is steps off of the boardwalk and across the boardwalk to the beach. Cannot beat this location. It was AWESOME!

Parking: We got to the hotel around 9am on checkin day. We were told they do not guarantee parking until 1pm (check-in is at 3). We headed down to an area where we found free parking, but recieved a call from the hotel at 10:30 inviting us to check-in early and grab our parking spot, which was great. On check-out (noon), you loose your spot. The front desk told us to grab a free spot across from the hotel before or after the boardwalk closed, which I did, so we were able to stay later in the day at the beach with free parking.

Beach Tags: I read a recent review that mentioned these. They took a deposit on my card for the beach tags, but allowed us to use them all day on check-in/-out days, which was great, saved $$ by using their tags. They ripped up by credit card reciept when I returned the tags. No complaints here.

Rooms: The rooms are definately old and could use some tlc. If you are looking for well-appointed rooms, don't stay here. If you are looking for a place to sleep, then you're good to go. They were very clean, but run-down. Our room had a kitchenette, fully stocked with dishes, silverware & glasses for 6, plus cooking utensiles & pots/pans.

Amenities: The pool is great, 8' deep. There ar enice chairs around the pool. They had games and books in the lobby. There was coffee in the lobby and umbrellas for foul weather. The staff were very friendly. We were welcome to use the lobby restroom to change, after we already checked out.

Room Tip: Don't stay on the first floor, the doors open directly into the parking lot. A "pool view...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank tinacaro
Reviewed June 23, 2012

manager very ignorant during check in . then when i asked if any other rooms were availible simply because i felt the room we had reserved was more cramped then what it seemed in photos(i wasn't saying the photos were not accurate ) he gave me a cocky answer of while you got economy not luxury. the resent renovations were done cheaply the door locks would stick and i found it hand to get into my room at times.the cleaning staff did thier best with three people forr the whole place, but dust on windows and AC, the shower curtin was turning moldy. i also had an unexspected deposit of $60 for beach tags.The employee i got at check out however was wonderful and appoligized, i thank her. Then i get home and get a letter from the general manager , with the same ignoant cocky remarks , and a picture of the type of room we had saying you got what you payed for (in differant words). I WILL NEVER STAY THERE AGAIN NOT BECUASE OF THE ROOM BUT THE COCKY MANAGER WHO SHOULD GO LEARN BUSINESS !!!!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank ter28
Management response:Responded July 9, 2012

I'm sorry the guest felt I was cocky.
The letter was sincere, I don't waste time being snide by mail.

I truly was hoping for any suggestions as to how I could improve the website to further the enjoyment & expectations of future travelers. I try very hard to be clear and explicit on our website as to what guests can expect when they stay here. If it's a smaller than average unit, I mention it. If it lacks carpet (some of our accessible and also our ground floor units do) I mention it.

I do work very hard to ensure everyone has a good time here, and was attempting to address the guests concerns. We have this year poured tremendous amounts of resources into improving our housekeeping program, and it has been paying off. Our feedback on the daily level has been glowing.

Reviewed June 22, 2012

This is our 4th or 5th time staying at Ocean 7. We love it. The place is affordable and clean. They have many extra amenities besides the standard. We enjoyed complimentary movie rental on a night where the kids where whooped from the heat and needed to stay inside. We loved that gatorade was offered on the extreme heat days. The staff wanted to make sure everyone was hydrated. How thoughtful of the staff. Speaking of the staff, they are very friendly at Ocean&7. especiall the person who checked us in the last 2 years. he is very funny when explaining all that they have to offer. Such as free parking, beach tags and use of the pool on your day of departure. We just love this place. We have been vacationing in OC for many many years. Ocean 7 by far is the best place we have ever stayed. We look forward to our stay next summer.

Room Tip: I have never had an issue with any room that I stayed in. It's a pretty quiet place.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank maher1966
Reviewed May 15, 2012

I stayed at Ocean 7 over Mother's Day weekend with two other female friends. We had a great time there and we received a flower bouquet for our room. Staff is always ready to serve your needs and they are friendly. We noticed how they actually remove the mattresses & vacumn them after guests depart. No BED BUGS at this place. It's very convenient to the boardwalk and the town itself is neat and tidy. I recommend the Varsity Inn for breakfast which is only a few blocks away. I was surprised that the outdoor pool was open because many places where I am from do not open them until AFTER Memorial Day but Mark says, "When we are open, the pool is open". Water was like 80 degrees so that made it nice on days where it was to cold to go to the beach. Thanks to Mark and his staff for making our visit a pleasant one. Lori D. - Harrisburg, PA

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Lori D
Reviewed May 6, 2012

My wife and I stayed in early May 2012 for 2 nights. The rooms are clean, the staff is very friendly, and the location is nice. The beds and pillows are not comfortable at all as the review below noted. The price was reasonable for this time of year but I would never pay the prices I see listed for the summer.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank BooLennox
Reviewed February 20, 2012

We just keep coming back here we love the location, the staff and the whole package at Ocean 7 is wonderful. Fresh coffee and tea in the morning, they wait for us to get in very late and everyone is always friendly and helpful.. we will see you again this year in July. thanks for a great vacation

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends