“Great time and Great location” 3 of 5 stars

and 1 more site!
Ocean 7
Ranked #5 of 32 Hotels in Ocean City
Gwynedd Valley, Pennsylvania
“Great time and Great location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

My boyfriend and I recently stayed here and on behalf of both of us, overall, we had a good experience. I thought the room was clean (mostly), modern, and cheerful. Let me add we stayed in room 415 (the penthouse), which I think was recently remodeled and re-opened. I loved the decor and I really liked the look of the bathroom. The room was a bit small, but had everything we could possibly need. I have only two complaints with the short time we stayed here:

1. The front desk staff, some were very friendly and helpful, however, some were also very rude, especially on check-in we both felt like we were getting attitude. As if we weren't paying a lot of money to stay here.

and

2. The shower...first of all it took forever for the water to get hot. Then it honestly felt like i was being drizzled on...the water pressure is non-existent. We would get back from the beach, hop in the shower, and get out to dry off and still have sunscreen all over us (even after scrubbing with a cloth!) We felt dirty just getting out of the shower, which i did not like.

other than that, honestly, i would stay here again (if the water pressure got fixed!). I loved that we were so close to the boardwalk.

Room Tip: The Penthouse is probably the best bet to stay in for a couple on vacation. The view is great.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank angeria87

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

We were looking for a one night stay and Ocean 7 was willing to allow us a one night stay. The staff was very friendly and willing to help customers with whatever they may need. Our room was nice, clean and very comfortable. We loved the kitchenette - with hot days it was very nice to have a fridge in the room. We enjoyed the pool and the convenience of the walk to the boardwalk and the location. We were really thrilled and are looking forward to a return visit later this summer....we WOULD recommend this place and would encourage you to try it out for yourself. Well worth the cost...great vacation...thanks again staff of Ocean 7 ...well done!

Room Tip: We recommend the second thru fourth floor rooms...first is fine but the others have a bit more of a...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank jimkepiro
Southold
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2011

First off, we stayed on the 4th floor during the fourth week of July and there were no bed bugs. The mattresses were wrapped in mattress covers and the place was clean and we had a great stay. All of the neighboring rooms were happy people too. I didn't have any complaints nor saw any others complaining. We traveled with our two teen age daughters and they each brought a friend. The four girls had the bedroom and my husband and I had the pull out sofa. The sofa was not the most comfortable bed, but we knew we would be roughing it on a pull-out.

The bathroom is small but since the sink is outside we had no issues with its size. The a/c units worked great and we used the kitchenette alot. There is a Superfresh on the island so we brought food with us and bought the perishables on the island.

There is one suggestion I would like to make to this hotel and that is not to assign parking spot by room number but to assign numbered spots based on what kind of vehicle you are driving. We have an extended cab pick up truck and I had to get out and guide my husband every time we moved the truck because it was really tight where we had to park. 19 ft vehicles should be parked in a different spot!!! and next to us were two SUVs and then you would see a little compact car on an end. The spots are too small to assign by room number. We probably would have explored the island more if moving the car wasn't such a hassle.

All of the employees were great and friendly and helpful. There were no issues with noise and all in all , we had a great vacation and would come again. You are steps from the boardwalk and the beach is right off the boardwalk. It couldnt be easier!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank ranasaga
Willow Grove, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

I have small children -stayed here for 2 days and couldn't take it anymore-cheap price-YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. They refused to give my money back the room was unacceptable for children-barely roon to pust a stroller to my room-I went back -they rented my room for the rest of the week AND STILL KEPT MY MONEY. Stay at your own risk-very very DIRTY I would rather stay at the econolodge in Somers Point-it was $85 BUT IT WAS CLEAN!! And the pool wasn't cloundy and dirty like Ocean 7. I hope you find a better place. Not worth the risk

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
4 Thank momlexijack
West Chester, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

We gave back our beach tags back at check out and received a $120 charge on our credit card three weeks later. I called to dispute and the snide manager said he would count the tags and call back. He called and said the tags were missing and there was nothing they could do. Sorry sir and he hung up.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank AvalonOwner
Lancaster, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

Wonderful location and great pool. These would be the two primary attractions of this hotel. We read the reviews and were aware of what others thought. The staff made our stay here very comfortable and friendly! We were so pleased that we re-booked for another date this summer. We would recommend this hotel...was one of the only hotels willing to rent a single night and not a two night minimum stay - that's waht sold us up front!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Deb K
PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2011

This is our fourth year staying at Ocean 7. We love this hotel; practically on the boardwalk, 2 room efficiencies are perfect for small families and you really can't get better value (especially with all of the discounts). This is not a top of the line hotel, so if you are expecting that...the hotel will probably not meet your expectations. The hotel is, in my opinion, a great place for a beach trip. In the four years we have stayed here the rooms have always been clean and anything we have requested, the staff have always been quick to accomodate. The staff is friendly, the pool is great and very warm (especially for early summer) and you really can't get a better location! We generally stay 5 nights and enjoy every minute. This hotel is great especially if you have young kids as you can quickly get back and forth to the beach without much hassle and the heated pool can't be beat. Of course being so close to the amusement park is why my kids love to stay there!! We plan to return again next summer as our experiences have always been positive!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family