If you like hard, uncomfortable beds, you'll love the Crossings. Although the staff was friendly and helpful, the location convenient (along with free parking) and pool handy, the one thing a hotel or motel needs to get right is making sure you can sleep well. The beds almost seem workable at first -- springy, a bit of give, maybe it'll work you think. Nope. They're wrapped in a plastic layer presumably to prevent bedbugs. By 4 am of tossing and turning I eventually fell asleep but woke up sore and cranky.
You can do better. Maybe they'll get new beds someday. Until they do, only book this place if you're good at sleeping on any sort of surface (eg maybe you like camping and sleeping in a sleeping bag on solid dirt.). It's really a shame because the location is so great.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Crossings is located in the beautiful South End of Ocean City, NJ. The Crossings offers easy access to a host of historical sites, artisans' villages, shopping, state and national parks, Ocean City beaches and fine dining guaranteed to satisfy the entire family. The Crossings offers many amenities and services, pool and tastefully furnished one room efficiency rooms featuring color cable TV, refrigerators, individually controlled heat and air conditioning, and daily maid service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your The Crossings reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Crossings Hotel Ocean City
- Crossings Hotel Ocean City
- Crossings Motel Ocean City