We wanted to get away for a long weekend as inexpensively as possible but didn't want to risk staying in a dump. I read all the reviews on tripadvisor, along with calling at least 15 hotels. Lucky for us The Crossings had a room available. They were able to book me for two nights, over a weekend on 4 days notice. It's easy to get in & out of town from here being right off the 34th street bridge. Parking was easy with plenty available even though they had no vacancies. Check in was quick, wifi was free. We were given room 304. When we unlocked the door, I literally squealed with delight. The room was crisp, clean and I loved the decor with it's beach theme. I checked the bathroom, very clean and well lit. The kitchenette & table and & were convenient. Bed was comfy. Had to tweek the air conditioner to get it cold, it worked fine.You cannot smoke in the room or balcony but can smoke outside their lobby, which we didn't like doing late at night, there are lots of people wandering through as there is many stores nearby. We loved that we had a wawa attached, acme and CVS next door. It was 3 long blocks to beach if you are hauling gear but we were able to get parked there so we drove it, bikes would have been ideal and they have a rack. It's nowhere near the boardwalk but the amount you saved on the room was hundreds, I had no problem paying 10 bucks to park at the boards. Great playground and tennis courts on the next block. Staff was friendly enough and they offer coffee in the a.m. Pool was adequate. YES, there is a power plant view which is a shame because if you look beyond it you can tell that the view was beautiful before it was erected. Again, it was worth the savings, The room and bathroom are small but were just fine for a weekend. We are already planning for next year, and maybe a night in the fall.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Crossings is located in the beautiful South End of Ocean City, NJ. The Crossings offers easy access to a host of historical sites, artisans' villages, shopping, state and national parks, Ocean City beaches and fine dining guaranteed to satisfy the entire family. The Crossings offers many amenities and services, pool and tastefully furnished one room efficiency rooms featuring color cable TV, refrigerators, individually controlled heat and air conditioning, and daily maid service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your The Crossings reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Crossings Hotel Ocean City
- Crossings Hotel Ocean City
- Crossings Motel Ocean City