Beach Club Hotel
Ocean Breeze Hotel(Ocean City)
$179
$345
Harris House Motel(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
$284
Blue Water Inn(Ocean City)
$149
Biscayne Suites(Ocean City)
$289
Coral Sands(Ocean City)
$179
Ocean 7(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
$311
  • Pool
$235
Port-O-Call Hotel(Ocean City)
TripAdvisor
Forum Motor Inn(Ocean City)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsfamily hotelocean viewprivate poolbeds were very comfortablein lawswe've stayednice sizegreat place to stayevery summerlast minuteelevatorocnjtradition
Reviewed September 13, 2012 via mobile

After looking at precious trip advisor comments we chose Beach Club Hotel. And what a great choice it was! We were able to check in early, it was jut across the boardwalk to the beach, the room was clean and the restaurant was convenient! Definitely a great choice and the place we will stay in the future. I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank phillybornandraised
Reviewed September 9, 2012

This is the second year in a row my family and I have stayed at the Beach Club Hotel, and I have a few additions and changes to my previous review. This year we stayed 4 nights mid-week in September.

Pros: The hotel is located right on the boardwalk by13th Street and is a close walk to the beach, which is really nice at 13th Street. It's located near some cute stores on the quieter end of the boardwalk, so you don't get as much of the noisy crowds and really noisy rides. We ate breakfast at the hotel every morning, and lunch once, and we all enjoyed the good, filling, basic food. The restaurant stayed open late one day to serve us lunch, when we were driven off the beach due to rain around 2 pm and nearby restaurants were closed. The guest rooms have refrigerators and flat screen TVs.

Cons: The decor has got to go. The carpet and wall paint are very dark, leading to making the hotel look very dreary and dirty, even when it was clean. You had to wonder if the hotel was trying hide filth with its dark green carpets. The decor is really out of date from its polyster, stained bedspreads to its refrigerators that create ice in the drinks you leave in the fridge. The breakfast staff at the restaurant seemed overwhelmed and, while they worked hard, because they were overwhelmed, they could be a bit abrupt and make a few mistakes. Housekeeping starts working at 8:30, so if you like to sleep late or have breakfast before changing for the beach, make sure to put out the "Do Not Disturb" sign on your door. The housekeeping staff always came at inconvenient times - early in the morning when we were trying to get into our swim suits to head to the beach or when we were coming off the beach and wanted to get out of our wet clothes and take showers. This happened every single day - no joke - even when we staggered times when we went to and came back from the beach. My guest room smelled a bit mildewy ad water-logged.

The hotel is very expensive, not worth what it costs. If you have that kind of money to spend, go stay at the Flanders Hotel. Or, save your money and stay at the Impala Island Inn, which is cheaper, but nice.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Capitolcrew
Reviewed September 5, 2012

I have been coming to the Beach Club for many years in Sept. with a group of women and never had any complaints. So this year when I planned a 2nd trip to OCNJ with another group of women, I made reservations online with the Beach Club. I found this experience to be anything but pleasant. We arrived early evening & checked into our room. I beleive they must have given us the last room because it was the room above the awning that someone else mentioned. The room had a terrible moldy/musty smell. We went to the front desk to ask if there was anything else available and was told they were completely full in all 4 of their properties. They offered frebreeze (which would not correct the problem but mask the smell) or they could put an ozinator in the room but we would need to leave for 1 1/2 hours or they could do it in the morning. They did say they would have a room on the 4th floor with a muphy bed and a sleeper sofa which we could have for the same price because of the view. We checked it out and found it be stuffy and was not worth the switch, just for the view. When we asked to speak with the manager, we were never given the chance. The lady at the desk would only talk to the manager & relay the messages. Last resort was we were told we could leave because that is all they had. So we ended up going to our room & found we could easily check in at the Port O Call which is also located on the boardwalk and few blocks away. They even discounted the first nights rate. Was very disappointed in how the beach club handled the whole sitatuion. First ....not letting us speak to a manager, 2nd never did anyone come to the room to check out the smell and 3rd. only got a "sorry bout this" as I was walking away from the desk to leave. Really makes me not sure I would recommend them, mainly beacuse of the customer service we received. Was sent a departure survey after checking out & filled it out but to this date, have never heard back from anyone.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room before commiting to stay
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank Sara S
Reviewed September 1, 2012

My family and I just returned from a visit to the Beach Club Hotel in Ocean City, NJ. Admittedly, I am a "hotel snob" and was a bit nervous about the quality of hotels that would be available at the Jersey Shore. I was very, very pleasantly surprised by the Beach Club Hotel.

First, the hotel itself is immaculately clean. Immaculately clean. This from someone who scours hotel rooms, with a flashlight, for any sign of bugs(!) or dirt before allowing the family - and luggage to enter. The mattresses and box springs both have bedbug covers on them, which shows me they take the threat seriously. The sheets, blankets, and bedspreads were very clean and the bathroom spotless. We did have trouble the first night with the air conditioner... it was immediately fixed the next day when I alerted the office.

Ocean City is a really great little town. The fact that it is "dry" keeps the Snooki-types far, far away (which is a really good thing). Beautiful beach and boardwalk with plenty to do.

I wasn't thrilled with the on-site restaurant (great location, crummy food)... but there are plenty of other decent places to eat. If you have kids, be sure to check out the two midways, the Pirate Cruise, and the waterpark.

I would completely recommend this hotel and would definitely consider staying here again.

Room Tip: Go for a third floor room on the city side - you can see the ocean if you look left!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Lisa F
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Our first stay was a pleasure. We booked a room for a second vacation when we checked out. I requested the same room or close to it. We got nowhere near it. We got the worse room. It smelled, the awning of front entrance was attached to our deck. They didn't care. After much arguing they moved us to an alcove where our deck was spit with another and our view was half a wall. Again they didnt care. Nothing done!!!!! Nothing said when we left.

• Stayed: August 2012