“Way more than just bread”

Bennie's Bread & Rolls
Ranked #4 of 215 Restaurants in Ocean City
Cuisines: Italian
Newark, Delaware
“Way more than just bread”
Reviewed August 18, 2014

We picked up a variety of items to make dinner one night. The bread and pastries were delicious, of course, but the tomato pie was outstanding. They also have a variety of fresh pasta, including ravioli and other filled items. Pick up some of their traditional red gravy, and you've just taken care of dinner. We didn't have a chance to try any of the sandwiches or pizza from the wood fired oven, so I guess we'll need to go back next year.

Pittsburgh
“Wish I had tried them sooner!”
Reviewed August 15, 2014 via mobile

Not sure why it took me six vacation visits to Ocean City to get to Bennie's. It will be a regular stop from now on. The bread is really, really good. We had some Italian pastries as well. And tomato pie which was perfect. Can't wait till next year to go back.

1 Thank gandycat
United States
“Excellent breads and other items”
Reviewed August 12, 2014

I went in here in search of Italian bread and would have bought out the store but that we didn't need all of that food! Their baked goods are wonderful (the enormous chocolate chip cookies are awesome), they even sell gravy (Italian sauce), all sorts of Italian foods and some cheese imports. Their pizza looked great--I did try the italian style square slices you'd get in a bakery in Italy with just tomatoes on top--was pretty good. The semolina bread and the round rolls are out of this world. And then I discovered their cappuccino--fantastic. A lot of places make mediocre cappuccino but this was really good, good crema, the foam rich and held up, didn't disappear in a minute like Starbucks' does. They get long lines and I think they run out so go early.

2 Thank jenny g
Ocean City, New Jersey
“BEST ITALIAN HOMEMADE BREAD IN OC”
Reviewed August 10, 2014

Best italian bread in ocean city. Bought fresh bread and coldcuts to make sandwiches for the beach....everything was fresh and delightfull. Very friendly staff...were trying the oven pizza later this week :-)

1 Thank Pina T
Carmel, New York
“Yummy Meatball Hero”
Reviewed July 28, 2014

My husband and I saw this place during a walk to the boardwalk one day. We tried it for lunch the next day and were very glad that we did. He had the meatball hero and I had a chicken cutlet sandwich with broccoli rabe. My daughter had 3 cookies, which she loved. They definitely have authentic Italian food. My only gripe would be that the girl who took our orders didn't ask me what size I wanted, so I got a hero. But I put that to good use the next day for leftovers!

Visited July 2014