Harris House Motel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$195
Biscayne Suites(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
$139
Coral Sands(Ocean City)
$49
Hotels.com
Ocean 7(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
$80
  • Pool
Ocean Front Motel(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
$69
Port-O-Call Hotel(Ocean City)
$203
Travelocity
$75
Travelocity
Beach Club Hotel(Ocean City)
Zenneth Manor Inn(Ocean City)
All reviewsstreet sidegreat locationparking lotshort weekend staybeach tagsfirst floorgreat poolgood sizemini fridge and microwavea lot of noisethe entire propertyfront desk staffno frillsrooms are clean and comfortablethe jersey shorelate at nightmini vacation
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 17, 2011

We stayed here the week of July 4th, and were very pleased. We have never been to Ocean City before, so we didn't know what to expect. The hotel was a great value, excellent location, and very clean. The town itself is very safe and family-friendly. Also enjoyed the free coffee in the morning and the free wi-fi. Only used the pool once (why use a hotel pool when the beach is right there?), but it was clean and warm. My only complaint is the the air conditioning was too loud to run at night, but it didn't matter because even though it was close to 90 every day it didn't get hot in the room.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank babyty2011
Reviewed July 4, 2011

This was the first time my family spent a weekend in Ocean City, and we weren't quite sure where to stay. Based on the reviews, we decided to book our 4th of July weekend at the Harris House. It was definitely a great choice! The location is perfect - a short walk to the beach & boardwalk... the room was very clean, and the staff was very friendly. We're already thinking about our next trip to Ocean City and booking our room at the Harris House! Thank you Harris House for a great experience!!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank CYB7880
Reviewed June 20, 2011

We had a wonderful stay at the Harris House. Excellent accomodations. Kids loved the pool and in less then a 1 minute walk you are on the beach....making it very easy to come back/forth. Also, steps away from two of Ocean City's favorites- Mack n Manco's Pizza and Kohr Brothers Ice Cream. Great place for a vacation. We look forward to returning and would strongly recommend.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank summit1991
Reviewed June 10, 2011

Stayed in rooms 240 & 242 facing street. Easy access to boardwalk and the beach bathrooms are right there. Nice plus with small children. Rooms smelled great and were very clean. (I'm picky especially when babies are with us) Management was so friendly, and the pool was very clean. I highly recommend this place for families and we are coming back.

Room Tip: Boardwalk food is over priced!
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank kgpris
Reviewed May 25, 2011

My wife and I have stayed in a variety of hotels in Ocean City, Wildwood and Cape May each summer for the last ten years . In addition, we have stayed at dozens of 5 and 4 star resorts all over the Caribbean and Europe. This hotel is by FAR the worst. Trip Advisor reviews are generally fairly accurate, but that is not the case here.

Our room was certainly clean enough - for a frat house, student hostel or Motel 6. Damp, musty smell reminiscent of perfumed sewage sludge permeated throughout. My wife noticed several hairs on the toilet seat when she attempted to use the bathroom. (This begs the question....should the hotel be renamed the Hair[-] House?) I complained to the front desk and the person I spoke with could barely respond in English! An elderly women behind the desk then rudely butted into the conversation with an attitude that was so demeaning and caustic that I wondered how could she could ever work with people. (I later found out from a maid that she was the owner - WOW!) She told me that they ran a "first class operation" and had been in business for over 30 years, while NEVER offering to move us to a different room or clean our room. She told me that the housekeeping staff was "really busy" and would "get to it" as soon as possible. Really busy? Are you kidding me? Talk about having the charm and tact on an armadillo!

The pool was great - providing your definition of a pool is urine, chlorine and water. We love kids, but I must have missed that sign that says "pee party daily". Junky, uncomfortable plastic pool chairs without cushions.

The hotel is old, in need of repairs and could use a full renovation. Nasty, creaky old stairs, loud wall AC units that sweat like a marathon runner. When was the last time the Fire Marshall inspected this place, 1988?

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple