“2 piers”

Ranked #1 of 45 things to do in Ocean City
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: With its quaint storefronts, amusement rides and Music Pier, Ocean City is everything you'd expect from the real Jersey shore. This family-friendly town boasts a two-mile boardwalk dotted with amusements, pizza parlors, and seaside stores.
Reviewed July 29, 2013

The great thing about Ocean City is that they do not have those horrible, money grabbing games on their boardwalk... you know the ones I mean. You give them $3 to try to knock a frog into the pod and receive a 25 cent toy. They have many rides, shops and arcades to entertain. AND they are one of the few that still have movie theaters on their boardwalk, which came in handy when it rained one day. This has been our favorite vacation spot for almost 20 years.

1  Thank krazikate
Write a ReviewReviews (1,533)

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Amusements, mini-golf, ice cream, shops, Johnson's popcorn, many food options...all great! Can bike or rent a surrey in the morning before noon.

1  Thank EYK999
Reviewed July 29, 2013

The Ocean City Boardwalk is crowded and full of food and games.
The food is the best described as unhealthy carnival food.
Everything is either fried or full of sugar.
The kids love it and the parents fret (ha-ha-ha)
Because the City is dry with no alcohol sold or allowed in public the crowd is for the most part family's with children and very well behaved.

1  Thank Jgoldchain
Reviewed July 29, 2013

My wife and I recently took our young grandaughters to Ocean City for the day. After spending the day on the beach, we spent a couple hours on the boardwalk. Ocean City does a nice job of keeping the boardwalk clean and safe. There is plenty to do for any age group and very adequate bathroom facilities. There are several piers with arcades and rides for children and young people. There are some nice stores and shops, as well as numerous places for food. I have been going to Ocean City since I was young and it is our definate choice for the South Jersey shore area.

1  Thank jmacch
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I been going to OC's boardwalk for more decades than I'd like to count, and Monday, we took our sons (ages 10 and 13). We ate Polish water ice and board walk fries and avoided Manc and Manco's ridiculously overpriced pizza. Fifty bucks got the boys an hour of rides at Gillian's Wonderland Pier (a childhood favorite of mine), and we enjoyed several blocks of bright lights, Shriver's saltwater taffy (my youngest is now addicted) and chessy decorations.

OC boardwalk is great for one night of fun and nostalga, but our family is done after that.

1  Thank Tim E